Had operation now slowly getting back!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 12. Nov 2015, 16:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys, as many of you know I have now had my bunion operation and today is day 13 of 14 days complete bed rest and I decided I felt like using my laptop for the 1st time since the op!
The operation went fairly okay, my consultant said because of the poor state of my bones it was hard to smooth the joint. He has also said I may need my ankle fusing but we are going to talk more about that when I see him on Thursday for my 1st post-op appt.
I have to say I have never felt pain like this pain, it's off the chart! Well I can tell you more when I see my consultant on Thursday afternoon. Just wanted to say Hi!

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I hope that your operation has been a success and that with more rest things become more comfortable. I don`t have to tell you to keep,ahead of your pain with the pain relief, as you are an expert on that I am sure.
    Good luck on Thursday x
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs. (((()))) Mig
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope the appointment goes well, and your pain begins to settle soon.
    Hugs (((((((( )))))))

Deb xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hope you are in less pain very soon, and you have a good appointment.
  • Rebeccarockchick
    Rebeccarockchick Member Posts: 50
    you sound like you have been very brave and do hope the pain eases off for you ...:) becks
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well done, Bubba, I'm pleased that all has gone well and I hope that continues to be the case. Any kind of operation on a foot is not to be taken lightly and you have done exactly the right thing so far - keep up the good work! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thank you everyone, hopefully my stitches will come out tomorrow because that doesn't help with the pain as they are pulling when I hobble to the bathroom!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello bubba
    My brother had the same op so I know its quite painful, I do wish you well with it..fingers crossed when the stitches are out it will feel much better..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • TrishaW
    TrishaW Member Posts: 109
    Yes it's soooo painful -worse than labour! I had tramadol (which knocked me out) to take the edge off but it was still bad for the first few days.
    Hope it eases soon
    Trisha
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Just wanted to say it's great to know you've had the op. I hope the stitches came out okay today and that you feel a bit more comfortable now. It's horrible when stitches are pulling, I know that feeling only too well.

I hope you'll be back to your "normal self" soon.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!