Humira packaging

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 12. Nov 2015, 10:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
The stuff they send to keep it all cold in. I'm a commited recycler (Mr LV is so happy about this) and I cannot bring myself to throw things away if they can be reused. This includes the things sent surrounding my Humira to keep it cool.
In the past I have used the polystyrene to house plant pots outside and insulate my more tender species during the winter months. The bubble wrap gets recycled when I post things which need protection. The whole set up was used this summer to transport a cooked ham on holiday with us. It worked so well that the ham was actually frozen and we had to go to the pub instead of eating it (this was one of it's finer uses and a cunning plan to get a lovely pint in). The cool blocks are more efficient than anything in a camping shop and a few are kept in my freezer for emergencies, likewise my mother's freezer, my friend's freezer and my boss who likes camping. Perhaps their best reuse was my lovely neighbour who is a welder. It gets very hot in summer in the welding shed and obviously, if you are welding striping isn't recommended, add to that she is the only female in the shed and it really isn't recommended. Two of the cool packs in her overall pockets kept her cool and collected all day long.

Am I the only one or do others also reuse the (I suspect very expensive) packaging? See, it's a tiny benefit to needing the stuff in the first place! :wink:
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My humira pens don't have much packaging - two boxes of two pens each in an opaque white poly bag!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Mine are delivered in poly bags as well but brought to me by a refrigerated van. Mig
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I get cold packs with my Enbrel which I put in the bottom of a cooler which sits at the bottom of my driveway keeping my eggs-for-sale cool and fresh for my neighbor-customers.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've only once had all that stuff when they had to send me an emergency delivery due to their incompetence. My packaging is also minimal, the plastic bag goes into my blue bin on the assumption it's the right sort of plastic, the strip packets too plus the two lids - not the pen, obviously! Well done on the creative front, LV, most inventive! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Once my humira delivery came in a giant box with about ten large ice containers (emergency delivery which arrived at 3 am). We kept them for about a year but then I needed the cupboard space so asked OH to clear them away. I'm not sure what he did with them.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Yes, well done LV you have a very inventive mind. I don't have that problem I live in a flat of four in a block and we don't have recycle bins, we only have a green bin for each flat which everything goes into. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles