My Rheumy appointment

theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 13. Nov 2015, 10:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, and thanks to all the pocket dwellers who turned up yesterday.

I had a lengthy session with my rheumy, and was given the chance to ask my questions/air my concerns/tell it like it`s been. She is a very good listener. While she is concerned about my rising CRP, she was also bothered about the ESR level, currently 79. When I mentioned how bad the fatigue is at present, she ordered another set of bloods. Before switching me to either Enbrel or rituximab she wants to rule out any possible underlying problem, such as thyroid, vit B etc. I gave three syringefuls of blood.

My joints, when she examined them, weren`t too bad, though she knows about the really bad flare of a couple of weeks ago. She re-checked all my X-rays, which showed that my joints weren`t any worse now than in 2010, so clearly the humira has been doing a good job. Until she`s looked at all the results, plus an MSU sample I had to give, she is keeping me on humira, and has doubled my dose of HXL. I have a next appointment date of Feb 2nd, but if the bloods are problematic, I will be called in before then to discuss options.

The appointment was rounded off nicely with a depo injection, so hopefully by Monday I`ll be dancing on the tables!!

I think she was very thorough, and was satisfied all my concerns had been addressed.

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That sounds like the kind of appointment we all need, though don't so often have! Glad it went well.

Deb x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Glad your appointment went well Theresa we could all do with a consultant like yours, lets hope the injection kicks in soon so you can get those dancing shoes on :D let us no how you get on (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles