Things are rough. Trying not to moan but this is too much

Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 19. Nov 2015, 06:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
My back/hips have seized up and I can't walk. I can barely stand. It's happened before for short periods but never like this. It seems to be staying this time and this is day three and all my fancy pain meds and muscle relaxants are doing not much. With two canes, I can just get to my ensuite washroom. Apparently, I have been spoiled previously by my PsA/spondylitis :cry: I know for many this is normal so I do feel bad for complaining. I'm frightened this time. I hobble regularly with hip, knee and ankle/foot arthritis and should probably use a cane more but this is a shock. The legs just can't hold my weight. I think I may have to call on my friend for the first time for help getting to the GP if things don't improve soon. I think I will be looking at a prednisone prescription again but even that didn't work last time I took it :roll: I really hope the next biologic actually does something. Things have been bad for quite a few weeks now.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Bloomer,

I'm so sorry you're struggling so much!

I think you need to speak to your Rheumy nurse or is there any chance you can bring your next appointment forward? You can't go on like this, really you can't.

Sending gentle hugs ((()))

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    oh dear Bloomer i do hope your ok ... i think you may need to see your GP as soon as possible . you should not be seizing up like that and if your pain meds are not working then they need changing or dosage increased ...

this weather has a lot to answer for .. looks like were all getting the winter back lash and were all falling off the spring/summer wagon ....

please keep us updated on how you get on .. im sending lots of warm hugs your way xxx <3

Emma xxx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    What a horrid situation for you Boomer, I'm not surprised you feel frightened, especially if the drug options don't seem to be helping. I 'll keep my fingers crossed that this time the pred will work, and you can get yourself 'unstuck'.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear, Anna, this is not fun is it? Of course you can (and should) moan, you are talking to the initiated on here and we know how tough things can be from time-to-time. I think you should seek advice from your medical professionals, they need to know that this is happening because there may be something they can do. Use the walking aids, they serve a very useful purpose and can ease the strain on our rotten joints. I prefer cuffed crutches because they offer more in the way of balance and support and if used properly allow us to walk in a more upright position which is essential. I suspect that my use of a rollator has enabled me to stay more mobile than I otherwise might be and I view that as a good thing.

I hope things improve for you sooner rather than later. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Nothing much to add to all the comments already made but I do hope things start to settle down /improve for you soon. Hugs (((()))
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear that things are not good for you at the moment, Boomer. I do hope that things improve for you soon.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Some hugs for you boomer..and I hope the pain eases up very soon..(())
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    So sorry your suffering boomer, this horrible weather doesn't help things. Like I say at this time of year time to hibernate!! Sending you (())'s
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. I hope you have rung either your GP or Rheumy for advice. I hope things improve soon for you.
    And you moan away, that`s what is so great about this forum, people understand.
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sending some gentle but mega hugs (((((()))))) Mig
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Sorry to hear that things are so tough right now. Here is absolutely the place to unload, where folks have some understanding of the fears and frustrations. I hope that you've felt able to talk to the medics again so they have a current picture of where you are.

Sending gentle hugs (((((((( ))))))).
    Deb xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    How are things now ? I have been thinking of you through out the day. Mig
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Thank you all so much. Things are still pretty bad. I see the GP tomorrow and I'm waiting for a rheumy-nurse to call back. They are a very busy bunch with five rheums and only one nurse so I must be patient. I have some choice words for the walking sticks that now sit by my bed. I missed the signs that a big flare was coming.
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    oh dear boomer .. i hope all goes well tomorrow with the GP hopefully he will be able to give you something for the pain xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Oh Anna, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending many (((((()))))) and much love. I do hope something improves soon and some help is offered. Until then please keep resting and be gentle - missing signs of a flare is one of my tricks. I think sometimes they do just leap out of the shadows to give you a beating. This is the kind of trick arthritis thinks is fun, we think otherwise. I do hope things improve for you lovely lady. More ((((()))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Hope that things go/have gone well with your GP appointment and that you are able to get a bit of relief. Thinking of you, you've been having a hard struggle lately. Take care, slomo