Heel /leg pain/dizzy

debram
debram Member Posts: 115
edited 17. Nov 2015, 02:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys I haven't posted for a while-have coped with my Psoriatic arthritis well but feel like I'm going backwards again.
3 years on from diagnosis I'm on Humira, taken off methotrexate due to ulcers and swelling on tongue, take tramadol for pain and folic acid 6out of 7 days.
At the moment I have awful pain in my left heel when putting my foot to the floor and when I'm driving the pain coming from my lower back down my same leg is like constant toothache. On top of that I've been going dizzy when getting up from bed/chairs & lying down, only on right side.
Bruising has appeared from nowhere on my legs.
Feeling pretty rubbish and avoiding going to me GP isn't helping I know!
I always feel like a nuisance!

I keep going and am my own worst enemy as I try to "keep going" "push myself" & lead a "normal" life but things will never be "normal" again will they?
I'm finding things overwhelming at the moment-just came in and broke down-I want to run away and hide from "life" :cry:

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, life sounds tough :( . Sending some hugs just for you (((((( )))))) . Sounds to me like you need to go visit the GP and be very honest about your symptoms and how you're feeling. I'm sure they don't think that you're a nuisance, and they would rather deal with things as early as possible to minimise future problems. Why not write yourself a list of the things you need to ask about then pick up the phone and make an appointment?

Deb xx
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    oh dear you are in a bad way .. but you do need to ring your GP and let them know .. how will they be able to do their job if you don't keep going back and let them know what's going on ???

the best thing for you and anyone else is honesty ... just tell them how you feel as well as all the pain symptoms you may need some extra help especially if you are feeling really low and as if you are back peddling and not getting anywhere ... i have just been back to mine today as im in a similar situation .. i do know how you feel and yes we might feel like we are being a pain but they need to know and to help us if we keep things from them we will inevitably put ourselves back ...

i hope you feel better after some rest and please call your GP

sending love and lots of warm hugs xxxxx

Emma x
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Sorry to hear you've hit a bad patch. I think we can all sympathise with feeling overwhelmed and wanting to hide away. It's probably harder for having had a settled patch, and then several things causing concern at once. You're not being a nuisance - I doubt that the doctor will think that, but in any case it's not relevant - you are feeling unwell and need to discuss the problems with the GP.
    As for 'normal'...well that depends on what you're measuring it against doesn't it? Compared to average healthy Jo Public no, things aren't ever going to be normal, but if your PsA has been well behaved for some time you will have got used to a version of life which is normal for you, but now that adjusted normal has been disrupted. Do get to the GP asap, so you can start trying to sort out what is going on and what can be done to help. In the meantime we're here to listen and support.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This is normal, arthritic life and it is sensible to keep your GP and rheumatologist informed about what is going on; if they don't know they can't help. The heel pain could be plantar fasciitis (I had a dose of that around a fortnight ago so resumed my stretching exercises and it's easing), the other pain could be referred from another area or because you re holding yourself differently: pain causes us to tense and hold ourselves quite stiffly hence setting up more troubles. These are only suggestions, not diagnoses, OK? :wink:

Over my nineteen years of this malarkey I have adjusted my thinking, I no longer expect good days because, having both PsA and OA, they are rarer than hen's teeth. Instead I have bad days and days which are not so bad. When people ask me how I am the usual reply is 'I could be better, glad I'm not worse.' There are times when I wish the beasts would clear off and leave me alone - a normal enough response to the challenge of life and dealing daily with those who are cursed with good health - but of course they won't. That, however, does not mean that I should deny myself a spot of self-pity, Daffy recently coined the phrase 'Dormouse Therapy' - and it is beneficial for us.

Be kind to yourself and don't feel that you are a nuisance to the doctors. You are not, you are their patient and she needs some support, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben