update on my fall etc

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 18. Nov 2015, 14:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I went for my Epidural Injection in theatre last Friday . I was waiting ages as I was last on the list :roll: . But although it was painful going in, it went by uneventfully. I was laid flat in recovery for an hour, before going back to the ward for a cup of tea and a sandwich. So on Saturday it was a bit tender, but I felt like the muscle spasms that i get seemed less??
Unfortunately as I haven`t really left the house in 2 weeks apart from for hospital appointments, I decided to accompany Mr NB to the supermarket. I was hoping to be able to return to work this week and wanted to try walking further distances. I set out with my stick, but after 1 aisle I had to get my crutches as I got a lot of pain down my leg and my foot became numb. Mr NB wanted me to sit in the car whilst he finished but me being stubborn as I am stayed with him on the crutches.
I got home and put heat on it and rested. Overnight I got a lot of nerve pain, burning, strong pins and needles , and pain on my outer hips. I rang my GP yesterday, and he says at my last MRI a few years ago there were some degenerative changes and bulging discs. My sciatica is worsening, so I am increasing my Gabapentin further, and have been referred for an MRI. He says he is considering referring me to a Neurologist, with a possibility of surgery on the cards.
I am signed off for a further 2 weeks. Feeling bad about this. But can`t help it.
I have physio again on Friday, see my ortho next Thursday.
Any tips to deal with the sciatica welcomed.
NB

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So sorry things are still bad, hope your pain eases somewhat soon. I hope the MRI apt comes quickly so you can see what's what. Take care and take it easy. Best try baby steps, I know you want to get back to work but your health is No.1. Sending you (())'s.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Bubbadog. I am resting as much as I can, but need to keep moving about a little so am pottering about indoors. Don`t really fancy
    venturing outdoors in this awful rain and wind anyway!
    Take care x
    NB
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Look after yourself NB. I hope the pain soon eases and your MRI appointment arrives soon so that things can be sorted out. Pottering is good!

Meg