Wrist Pain

rayray
rayray Member Posts: 115
edited 23. Nov 2015, 04:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Another bit of advice please:

I keep getting a searing pain in my wrist when pushing or twisting the wrist. Not sure if it is my osteo in the thumb or from the wrist. Do I mention this to my GP or is there little they can do? Also wondering if there is anything I can do to stop it getting worse?

Thanks.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    have a chat with your GP rayray. It's almost certainly the osteo but there may well be things you can do to help such as exercises, not using it for too long for the same repetitive action, maybe judicial use of a wrist splint. I hope the GP can help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Hi Rayray

That's good advice from Sticky, but I'd also suggest, based on my own experience, that fingerless gloves help, but they do sometimes get in the way and need to come off.

Scozzie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello rayray..I have oa in the base of my thumbs, and thought the pain in my wrist was from there, but after x rays its shows oa in my wrist..they are not very painful but do give way when carrying things...you get them checked out..
    Love
    Barbara
  • rayray
    rayray Member Posts: 115
    Thanks again for your replies. I will get them checked out. I am due to see a rheumi at the Bath Mineral Hospital soon so will defo mention it to them. If they say OA I will go to the GP. They aren't terrible but I am now avoiding using them with any force so Hubbie is having to push stuff into the washing machine, open jars etc.

Thanks again.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    There are lots of wrist-saving gadgets (besides husbands :lol: ). I couldn't manage without my electric jar opener or my electric can opener - though he's quicker when around :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright