Have they lost my results

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 15. Dec 2015, 04:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of you might remember that I am having kidney problems and had a ct scan,well its been five weeks since the scan and I hadn't heard anything so I sent an email to pals asking how long should I have to wait for a follow-up appointment a very nice young lady called me this morning after a bit of chat she said I had an app at the end of january but I told her thats gynaecology not urology she couldn't see anything at that moment and would phone me back in an hour or so ,its now been 2 hours since the first call so I'm beginning to think they have lost the results how I would like to know as its all done electronically if I haven't heard by this afternoon I will contact pals again. Mig

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, Mig - that`s not a very good state of affairs is it?

I hope you were phoned back as promised - it`s so frustrating when we have to chase round after results. I hope yours haven`t been lost and you get some answers soon.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    That doesn't sound too good, mig. Did PALS get back with any info?

I do remember last April when I was desperate for the all-clear from my colonoscopy so's I could get travel insurance for L.A. I asked my GP if she'd heard anything after about 2 weeks. She smiled and said "Oh no. It usually takes longer than that." I think it was about 5 or 6 weeks.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Young lady phoned me back and said I should have had a reply two weeks ago so she's sending me another copy,will see what happens next. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad you got a reply back mig lets hope you get the promised copy soon....................good luck xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    Options
    Well the letter arrived this morning I'm being passed back to gynaecology,ct scan showed that the kidney is less bloated than the ultrasound showed so the consultant thinks it could be relate to the cyst on my right ovary, feel a bit like a yoyo,so now its another wait. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Ah well, that's sorted and at least it makes sense. No point in tinkering with your kidney if it's all down to the cyst on the ovary. Even so, I hope it can all be sorted quickly. Waiting is not pleasant.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    I have an appointment with my GP to discuss my latest blood test results tomorrow morning ,the tests I had were for thyroid,vitamin d levels.
    I have phoned the gynaecologist secretary to ask about the scan they say I'm to have as I have no knowledge of this appointment and when I said how long I've been passed back and forward and the problems I'm now experiencing she is going to talk to the gynaecologist to see if he will see me without having to wait and have another scan,she said she will phone me tomorrow afternoon. Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Blimey Mig, what a palavar and just what you don't need to be dealing with (((()))) I hope they sort themselves out soon and find you in the system.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    Options
    I hope so too LV it's been going on since August. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm utterly lost now but I hope both the GP appointment and the phone call go well.
    Steven Wright