It's All About Timing.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Dec 2015, 08:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Or in this case, bad timing. I forgot to do my meth yesterday and awoke in the night with a very sore throat, so I won't be doing it today (nor humira tomorrow). Mr DD was late last night so did his own meal because I was in bed, sound asleep. This morning he was up ridiculously early working, and left for work saying he would be having a work-free weekend (I'll believe that when it happens!) and friends have invited us over to theirs tomorrow evening for a meal. I'm now doing the whole hot-and-cold thing, feel like a piece of limp lettuce and wondering why this had to happen now. :roll:

I'm off out to buy some oranges and more juice because I sank nearly a litre of the stuff during the night. Then I shall recline gracefully on the sofa, ignoring the domestic chaos around me and maybe snooze a little. I hope so. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, DD. Take care of yourself. Lots of rest and fluids. I hope you're soon feeling much better and are able to enjoy your evening out.

Meg
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Definitely bad timing DD - hope you can get some rest and that you feel better soon.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry your feeling so rough DD, hope you feel better sooner rather than later xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Just sending hugs and best wishes DD, hope this bug doesn't stay around too long.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    wondering why this had to happen now. :roll:

Because now is the worst possible timing :roll:

On the plus side you didn't meth. On the minus side I think the meal with friends is postponed.

Do what you have to do and make no apologies. Your priority is to get better. I do hope that will be sooner rather than later.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    ignoring the domestic chaos around me
    That's rather a harsh way to describe your lovely Christmas tree...
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Oh DD, we all do it! I know when I'm ruff I can forget to do my HRT gel and the next day have awful hot flushes and a bad head. It soon makes me remember to do it the next night. Hope your feeling a little better (()). :areindeer:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm still somewhat wrung out but have managed to launder and iron eight work shirts, change the bed linen, brew up etc., all the domestic nonsense that grinds on regardless of whether we feel up to it or not. I'm not taking anything to help the cold or boost my immune system figuring that the less interference it has the quicker it will go away.

I plan to meth next Thursday and humira on Friday because we have guests coming on Saturday evening for a meal. This week I shall mostly be taking things easy to enable these plans to happen - I'm convincing myself that sitting down to write Christmas cards is not a challenge. :xmas_rolleyes: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Wow! That's quite a list. Make sure you don't overdo things and I hope you are able to enjoy next weekend more than this one.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich