6 Year old with Polyarticular on Etanercept

Options
helenaj21
helenaj21 Member Posts: 6
edited 22. Dec 2015, 13:02 in Young people's community
Hi there we are new to the forum but it has been recommended to us to maybe talk to other people in our situation. My daughter is 6 and has been on Methotrexate for a year and Enbrel for 6 months. I was wondering if anyone's little ones have any side effects from the Enbrel? My daughter is losing a lot of weight and is very pale and nervous all time with a severe thirst. Seems worse since started the Enbrel. Her consultant is brilliant and we are awaiting lots blood test results this week. Enbrel has been amazing for her however we still think there is active arthritis rumbling in background. Just wondered if anyone else was in a similar situation !!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums helenaj21 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod JK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I am saddened to read your post. I took Enbrel as an adult, it didn't work for me but I know it has for others. It seems wrong that little ones are having to deal with this nonsense, yes? Usually I would advise that you post again on the My Child board but, needless to say, at this time of year it's quieter than usual.

I am helpless but I am thinking of you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben