Aaaaaargh!

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 8. Jan 2016, 04:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
And, before you ask , EVERY way. In order of non-preference - stiff, achey (everywhere and everything), dehydrated, queasy and currently inhabiting the morning (whoops, afternoon) after the night before. I'm too old for this. I should have acquired some sense somewhere along the line but Mr SW is a party animal and wanted to host a New Years Eve one and he deserves a bit of fun.

My sins of stupidity:

1. Should have made my reasonable excuses and gone to bed at a semi-reasonable hour instead of hanging on until all our guests left around 3am :roll:

2. Shouldn't have eaten 4 huge slices of our friend's wonderful, home made garlic bread :oops:

3. Shouldn't have drunk however much wine I drank :oops: :oops:

4. Should have brewed up at some point as I usually do but forgot :o

5. Should have had a big cup of tea or glass of water before bed :roll:

I am too old and far too arthritic for this. Nearly 12 hours, three loads of washing up, much tidying and putting away later the house still looks like a bombsite and I have two or possibly three large bunches of flowers just stuck in their wrapping in water. They are lovely but I can't face the effort involved in dealing with them. And will someone please remove the rest of that garlic bread. Even with it wrapped in foil I feel yukky every time I look at it :mrgreen: I can't 'do' lots of fats. Ever. And that loaf contains lots and lots of fat.

My New Year's Resolution for the rest of you - in 2016 do as I say, not as I do.

What a plonker!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds like you saw in 2016 in style! Am I allowed to envy you your hangover? As a rule I'm fine with no alcohol (all my meds say a firm "No"), and this has been reinforced by my GP, on my previous regime I was allowed the occasional drink. Last night was one of those nights when I really missed being able to have a glass or two of bubbly or a large G and T! Seriously though I hope you had a good time and that the after effects don't last too long.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sticky, I hope you had fun anyway. Sounds like you partied enough for me too and I thank you for that. I watched the news and went to bed early as it had not been a good day. My celebration involved going outside at 10 pm to contemplate the stars and look for the northern lights, beautiful! I turned down OH's efforts to get me to have a drink with him after I had already bailed out of cooking dinner. He had hot dogs :xmas_twisted: I'm a terrible wife! I'm hearing about it all this morning so will attempt some form of celebratory dinner today. :presents: Woohoo, well, not really feeling it I'm afraid.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Did you deserve it-yes you did.
    Am I jealous -yes I am.Slainte. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    You did it.. and that's what counts..good for you.. :presents: there was me in bed by 10.. :o I am ashamed to say.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I bet I know what the new years resolution is! No more...........:xmas_mrgreen:
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    ......until the next time :cheesygrin:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    If it were up to me there'd be no next time. I dislike parties these days. I have (In British Rail speak) the wrong sort of body for them. I prefer having ½ dozen close friends round. And then buying in some decent food from W**tr*s* or M *nd S. I am definitely a Mary not a Martha. And even more definitely not a martyr.

To be honest, Anna, I would gladly have exchanged the whole experience for a glimpse of the Northern Lights. And you are not a 'terrible wife'. You are an arthritic wife. There's a big, big difference.
    Steven Wright
  • Popsmith1874
    Popsmith1874 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    hi there sounds like you had a good time,i think my wife thought she was married to someone else as we had a very low key new year in bed for 10pm,i just cant do it anymore as id suffer the next day and this disease limits what you can do,take care
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It certainly does, Popsmith1874 and I haven't been able to do it for years but there's no fool like an old fool :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well it sounds like a good party!! Christmas and new year shocking of all I didn't touch a glass of Jack Daniels as I usually do! My OH was shocked as it only takes me 3 glasses of Jack & coke to be drunk. But in my mind I think I'm getting ready for Jamaica!! New Year I had on Jools Hollands Hootananny which I enjoy every year and there was a lot of fireworks going off around us. So it was nice.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`m in awe that you even managed it Sticky, even though you paid for it after! I was tucked up in bed long before midnight - no stamina these days.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Looking on the bright side, all those who attended will now invite you to their New Years parties for many years, you can let them do the washing up! :!:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I much prefer going to others' parties as then I can leave when I wish or, at least, when I can prize Mr SW away. And the women are usually very good at helping with the washing up. It's just the time factor that does for me.
    Steven Wright