The pleasures of the garden

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 7. Jan 2016, 13:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Couldn't stand it any longer, cooped up indoors with fairey lights everywhere, they are gone and 200foot odd of grass is cut, the rest can wait a day or two.

We have, hebe, heather, primroses and a shrub flowering and a few more varieties joining in soon. Even the buddleigha is shooting. Outside in a thin jumper in January, warm sun on my face, lovely!

It's a grin, honest!
:lol:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Airwave! wrote:
    Outside in a thin jumper in January, warm sun on my face, lovely!

Sun? SUN??? Up here in Waterworld we haven't seen the sun since 27th Dec.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    I TAKE it you will be travelling down to the sunny southwest for your holidays this year! Better get the garden ready for the visitors hadn't I!

Happy New Year to you.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Enjoy that sunshine! Here it`s damp and grey, and having spent Christmas with the family in York, we almost needed to paddle home.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Like everyone else I want to know WHAT IS SUN :lol:
    I'm in the North East and although thankfully we have had no floods worth talking about it has been dark, raining, windy and horrible.

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Sun??? :santa:
  • Airwave!
    Oh you lot, you are so funny, that northern humour! That lovely warm feeling on your face that makes you feel good and you just smile, I had to get the Sunnys on today! Even my dear old mum only had three jumpers on. :)

P.s. I should have added, I walked up the top and saw osteaspurnams and pinks.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm staring gloomily at the sodden mess which is our garden. It's raining again and apparently will do steadily until Friday. I live in one of the driest areas of the UK but current weather conditions belies that notion. There was a strange light in the sky yesterday morning but I think it was scared away by the massing of grey clouds, in at least at least three shades. The grass is ankle height but far too wet to cut, some bulbs are out but the flowers are sodden and manky. It's a Fungus the Bogeyman kind of garden!

On a more serious note I hope that forum users have not been affected by the horrendous flooding which has affected parts of the country. I cannot conceive how I would feel if my home had been submerged by three feet of dirty water, possessions lost or ruined, if my business could not operate due to floods, if my insurance claim was turned down or I could no longer get insurance. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Today is the worse day that we have had for a long time....hasnt ceased raining since yesterday and is supposed to keep on rianing until late tomorrow according to the Met reports I keep getting through.
    Of course toay was the day I was going to the hairdresser.....One of these days someone will invent an umbrella that attaches to a crutch :lol: They would make a fortune. :wink:
    Although the rain is really bad I sympathise with those poor people in Carlisle and other places that are knee deep in water and have to get out of their houses.

Take care everyone

Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Yes, it`s incessant & torrential here again, in Durham. Our local river has burst its banks, and the water is creeping ever nearer to a small estate of new houses, which, when they were built, we all wondered if the buyers knew the river is prone to flood.

In York, our younger son was furious that looters were entering properties to see what they could find. How low can people stoop? It`s absolutely despicable.Where he lives he`s not affected, though they had no phone, broadband etc when the exchange flooded.You just can`t believe what some people will do to heap more misery on others.
  • hileena111
    Hi Tezz
    Its still torrential here in Prudhoe. We are lucky in a way we are on a bit of a hill.....but places not far from us.....Ovingham, Ovington and places like that are really flooding.
    We aren't use to this are we??

Good Luck in Durham

Love
    Hileena
  • Airwave!
    You can start to believe the forecasters now, global warming is with us and affecting our lives, the long term pattern is set and will not change in our lifetimes.
  • Airwave!
    Hope you lot up north didn't get your feet wet again! I suspect a good moan may assist your case for more government funds, the Somerset floods went on for a long while before things started to move in their favour.

Sometimes you wonder if governments only react to soundbytes?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Wet all morning in the Midlands Airwave, but the sun came out briefly this after'

:areindeer:

Too much concrete and tarmac - where is the water to go?

:(
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    My rhubarb is growing ,the birds have got wellies on but I thank god we aren't flooding.Love from soggy Nottingham Mig
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    It has been p***ing down - sorry, it has been raining exceedingly heavily all day today in this little corner of NE Scotland. We've actually been very lucky so far an managed to hide from the worst of it but I think it's maybe found us out now.
    Hope it stops soon, its so depressing. ( Hope it doesn't decide to turn into snow!)

slomo