Let's Hear it for Leeds Equipment Services

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 6. Jan 2016, 16:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
My bath lift failed. It was prepared to let me down into the bath but not raise me up again. I'll spare you the details of the SW's double act in getting me out. Suffice it to say it would probably go viral on YouTube. Anyway....

10.45am - I rang Leeds Equipment Services to let them know. I then went out.

Midday - I returned to find a phone message saying the replacement might be delayed because their equipment store had been flooded when the Aire burst its banks.

12.15 – Another call to say could they deliver between 1-3pm.

2pm – new bath lift arrived.

I shall ring to thank them tomorrow. What fantastic – free – service!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What brilliant service. I think they will really appreciate a thank you as I'm sure they don't get many.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    What fantastic care.......good to know you won't be missing out on your relaxing bath time tomorrow.

Deb x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    A service of which they can be very proud. Glad you got sorted so quickly.
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Great service. Pleased you got it all sorted out.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is indeed very good and a credit to the organisation. I don't have any contact with the services here but when I needed an extra handrail put in on the second flight of stairs (back at the old house) that was arranged in less than a week which impressed me. I hope the replacement acts as it should. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    That's great service! Especially with all the troubles with the flood! I bet you where over the moon.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    That's great. Our equipment service is also very good but it's the OT assessments that seem to take time.
  • PetiteN
    PetiteN Member Posts: 87
    Options
    My bath lift failed. It was prepared to let me down into the bath but not raise me up again. I'll spare you the details of the SW's double act in getting me out. Suffice it to say it would probably go viral on YouTube. Anyway....

10.45am - I rang Leeds Equipment Services to let them know. I then went out.

Midday - I returned to find a phone message saying the replacement might be delayed because their equipment store had been flooded when the Aire burst its banks.

12.15 – Another call to say could they deliver between 1-3pm.

2pm – new bath lift arrived.

I shall ring to thank them tomorrow. What fantastic – free – service!

That's great to hear, nice to hear that services sometimes are exceptionally good :-)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Working in Social Services myself it's wonderful to hear when equipment failures are responded to so promptly. I hope the new bath lift proves to be as helpful for you as the previous one was.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!