A new showerhead.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 9. Jan 2016, 06:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
For at least a couple of years I've been reading the adverts for a particular kind of showerhead, the ones that use aircore technology. They save water and supposedly offer more 'wetting' ability than the usual from a boiler or water tank They are usually on one offer or another but before Christmas it was the best ever: two for £35 and free postage so, dear reader, I succumbed. They arrived about twenty minutes ago and came as a total surprise because I'd forgotten I'd ordered them! :D

The shower at the far end of the house runs off a little water tank in the loft space above and it has all the power of being hit by feathers; off I trotted and fitted one of the new heads. Crikey Moses! I was wet through in around ten seconds as opposed to a minute or so of finding the feathers - this is more like blunted needles hitting my skin - I can feel them but they don't hurt! I am very impressed by the wetting it offers and it must save water because I was in and out in no time. We generally have low water pressure (despite a new main being fitted last year) but this is a definite improvement. I have one for The Spouse for use in the other shower but he is, needless to say, sceptical. I hope he will at least try it to see if he likes it, he's the one who moans about the lack of 'ooooomph' in our combi-boiler supplied showers at the front end of the house.

I will keep using it and report back - if you have seen the ads and have wondered all I can say is that so far I am impressed but after only quick shower that's not a real recommendation. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Or, you could just go and stand in the garden. Water pressure has been amazing since Christmas and no fitment required. Alas, no hot tap though :wink:

I hope it keeps doing it's stuff. It sounds like a big improvement for a small outlay.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Hello DD
    do you feel more vigorous now good luck
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi DD will have a look for them , but I haven't seen the advert..could you give me a clue..glad you are happy with it..
    Love
    Barbara