On the list for knuckle replacement

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 12. Jan 2016, 14:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone,

I spent yesterday morning at the hospital discussing my left hand knuckles replacement which is Stage 2 of my left hand grip reconstruction. I’m on the list to have this done in 2-3 months time and now I have to seriously think about whether I go ahead or not.

I have put it in the ‘search engine’ and there haven’t been many in the past so information is a bit thin on the ground. So I wondered if you have had this done and can tell me of your experience please or can put me in touch with anyone you know?

Incidentally I am really pleased with my thumb fusion which was done August last year (2015)

Thank you for reading.

Luv,
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Are you turning into a surgery junkie, Legs :lol:

I knew someone who had knuckle replacements in the very, VERY early days of such surgery (1970's). She stuck to anything cold :lol: If she took a milk bottle out of the fridge it was a minute or two before she could let go of it. She also claimed that that was why she couldn't let go of Mr SW's cold, leather jacker but I'm still not sure I believed her on that one :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi SW,

:lol::lol: Yes I suppose I am becoming a surgery junkie :wink: All these nice young surgeons cutting me open when I'm in a state of undress, what more could a girl want! :wink::wink:

Do you think I'll stick to a nice glass of chilled white then ....there could be worse cold things to stick to I suppose! :lol::lol:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Legs
    There is a lady in our Arthritis Care Branch and she has had both knuckles done.
    One lot she is really pleased with....the other hand....not so sure yet

Love
    Hileena
  • lindalegs
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Legs
    There is a lady in our Arthritis Care Branch and she has had both knuckles done.
    One lot she is really pleased with....the other hand....not so sure yet

Love
    Hileena

Thanks Hileena. I assume the 'unsure hand' is fairly recent then? (I've been told I will lose lots of movement at first and will have to work at getting it back.) Did she have her knuckles replaced to get rid of pain or gain movement/improved position, do you know?

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Legs
    I dont know her that well but I'll find out. We have a New Year party tomorrow and I'm sure she will be there so I'll ask her.

Love
    Hileena
  • lindalegs
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Legs
    I dont know her that well but I'll find out. We have a New Year party tomorrow and I'm sure she will be there so I'll ask her.

Love
    Hileena

Thanks so much. :D

Have a lovely party h025.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I dont have a clue Linda..but whatever you decide I do wish you well..sorry this is a bit of a cop out... :? xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Linda

I found this which may be of some help:

https://healthunlocked.com/nras/posts/275114/can-anyone-give-me-some-information-on-knuckle-replacement-please

A couple of posting on the Related Topics on that page may help you too.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Barbara a010.gif

Thanks so much Elna, that's just the type of information I needed :D Good to see you again :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x