VENICE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 14. Jan 2016, 08:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Thanks for all your help.
No going back now.......I've been and gone and done it :lol:
Or more to the point Peter has. He knew I was worrying about holding him back so he went ahead and booked it for the last week in May.
He was right. I would be happy enough doing less than I have done before, planning things more, sitting about in the sun and people watching a drinking coffee in between times :lol:
So Thats it now.....
Love
Hileena

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I didn't contribute to your original thread but I've been to Venice and loved it! I know you will too. :D

Lucky you :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Legs
    This will be our 4th time.......the other 3 times I only had a folding stick LOL not 2 crutches permanently
    I'll enjoy it....I loved it before

Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Hurrah! :-D

So pleased you have made up your mind regarding returning to Venice this year. Enjoy. You will have as good a time as the other times. May even be better. ;) Perhaps a little different, so what, that makes it all the more interesting, you are going! :-D

Elna

ps I love people watching!
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I hope all goes well and you both have a lovely, hassle-free holiday :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip, Hileena - a nice cappuccino in St. Mark's Square, and a spot of people watching. Enjoy!
  • lindalegs
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Thanks Legs
    This will be our 4th time.......the other 3 times I only had a folding stick LOL not 2 crutches permanently
    I'll enjoy it....I loved it before

Love
    Hileena

Hileena you lucky, lucky girl! The forth time that's wonderful. It is such a beautiful place and you can just sit and 'drink' it in if you wish. Whatever walking aids you need, I'm sure you'll cope especially as you know what to expect.

Well done Peter I say! :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Elna, SW Tezz and legs,
    Elna.....the way I started to look at it was ....you regret the things you DONT do not the ones you do do

SW.....Hope all goes well and I dont lose my luggage like I did
    one time before LOL

Tezz......A nice cup of cappucino and people watching....yes!! In st Marks Square.....NO!!!!!
    I remember the first time we went and we did St Marks Square and then sat down to have coffee. A waiter came out with a towel draped over his arm and a tray in his hand. Took our order and then came out with it again. I forget the price but it was exhorbitant. Peter didnt have the right money so paid him and never did get any change back....As far as he was concerned that was his tip :lol:
    We learned our lesson......just around the corner from there loads of cafes that the locals go to :wink:

Legs.....I'm determined to cope even if it means separating up for a while and me relaxing and Peter walking {or whatever}
    I've been doing a lot of walking for the past months {in the Metro Center} not the weather for outdoors these days.
    I've been walking {not looking at a shop} maybe 30 to 45 mins and then stopping for coffee and then starting again for the same length of time again.
    Hopefully that will have helped.

Love
    Hileena
  • lindalegs
    Options
    That's pretty impressive walking there, inside or outdoors! It's like getting into training isn't it!

We bought two beers in St Mark's Square when we went and it cost us 29 Euros! We did get free nibbles though ......good job because we couldn't afford to eat that night :shock: :lol::lol:

Best get saving as well as training, I reckon! :wink:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well done to Peter - I am sure you will have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment. Any room for a little 'un? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for your Peter..I am sure you will have a lovely relaxing time.. :D now is there any room for another little one.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Options
    That sounds wonderful! Have a great holiday
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad you booked it, it's something to look forward to! I'm off on Wednesday to Jamaica! I can't wait to get away from this cold snap that's sneaking up on us!!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi,
    Oh Buba
    I'm envious....wish I was going sooner to get away from this weather.

Thanks Lady Brown.......We will have a good holiday :wink:

I doubt that there is any room for little ones......we have to pay for luggage taken into the cabin. Its only a certain amount you are allowed but you have to pay for it. We didn't the last time?? Oh well!! :shock:

DD. Like I said to Barbara I doubt there will be any room :lol:
    Where are you off to next.? or should I say when?

Legs......we learned our lesson about coffees in St Marks and places like that :lol: It's just as nice in a side street close by :lol:

Love
    Hileena