I think I'm finally feeling better

Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 25. Jan 2016, 04:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
:D
It might be too soon to tell but after beastly months of a stubborn flare, I'm having less pain and somewhat less fatigue :!: Since the beginning of January anyway, so may be too soon to tell but I've been taking less in the way of pain meds so yippee, I'll take it! As you would say in the UK, Get In!

I can finally post something other than what Eyeore would say.....Gosh, I hope it lasts.

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    After a long haul of general grottiness any respite is to be welcomed I reckon. Fingers crossed that things continue to move in the right direction for you.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,469
    Ups and downs are a part of illness as much as they are a part of our day to day lives. I have been through a few short periods of feeling better which can be euphoric, It's nice while it lasts.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Oh Anna, I do hope so. But I do recognise the feeling of hardly daring to voice it in case it hears :wink: My fingers are crossed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Anna, I never realised that you were Canadian! Anyway, I'm very pleased that you're feeling a bit brighter. Long may it last.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Things pass, they always do but sometimes they take far too long to do the decent thing. I hope this feeling lasts and strengthens. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Thank you all very much. I'm having a bit of a dip in feeling reasonably well today, thanks to a day of lawyer's visits and sorting out my Mum's belongings yesterday. I'm completely exhausted so I'm resting today.

It is really hard not to leap for joy at any improvement however, the rational part of me knows how full of flares life has been the past few years and that history makes another flare more than likely in the near future. Hopefully not but time will tell. Even a stubborn seven months of elbow pain and swelling has improved :D

I can't believe it but I've been on Enbrel for six months already :shock: . I'm due for a rheum visit but if I go now when I'm feeling better he will say "great, see you in another six months" and, it's an expensive, long trip to get to the big city for a visit with him. I may wait a few weeks now and see how I feel.

I think it's been two years since I've had a good gap of feeling ok between flares, so it's long overdue!!
  • stickywicket
    You never know. Maybe the combination of enbrel and a little less stress might be exactly what you needed. I hope so.

As for the rheumatologist...I recall one of our past members, who lived on one of the Scottish islands, used to have consultations by skype. Might this, or phone consultations (which many of our UK GPs do now) be possible?
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    I wish it were so, Sticky but our health system here has not yet figured out how to use such modern conveniences. My rheum has been known to talk to me on the telephone, so I may have to go that old-fashioned route :wink:

Still feeling reasonable, except for some OA complaints. Just had to say it again...... :D
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, how are things now? I hope they are still improving. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello boomer,
    You have so much going on lately , its good to hear you have been feeling a little better..now be kind to yourself..and long may it continue..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Maybe we could bottle this feeling better stuff and save it for later when we're not...again. I have the telltale signs of slippage back into the well-known realm of agony and grot. Say it isn't so, ankles, wrists, neck and back. Maybe it's just a bad few days, I hope so.

At least I can tell rheum that I had these good few weeks then more of the normal symptoms for me. Shouldn't be happening if his beloved Enbrel were working, I think.
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh dear. Oh Anna, I am so sorry. The biologics promise much but, in my experience, deliver little. My humira is supported by injected meth, are you taking anything to support the Enbrel? I know I should remember but I'm not brilliant at the moment: I apologise. :oops: ((( ))) DD
  • stickywicket
    I'm sorry to hear that, Anna. I can't help but wonder if the bad day you had – lawyer visits and sorting out your Mum's belongings – is responsible for the ongoing grot. The lawyer would provide the requisite stress and, as for the sorting....just a small amount of that sort of activity would set all my joints and muscles off for days. I don't know whether or not the enbrel is working for you but stress, coupled with lots of sorting, would wipe me out regardless of what I took.

At least the rheumatology appointment will now seem worth the travel but.......
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Thank you for your caring replies, I really appreciate it.

Maybe I still expect too much of myself, Sticky. My Mum's house is tiny and I think sorting is going well. She had pared down her belongings before becoming incapacitated. How sensible a person she was. It's all straightforward with lawyers, etc. except a glitch with ownership. I don't want to co-own with my brothers. That's causing me some stress. So you are right, it all could be enough to provoke the ol' PsA. Somehow I always expect this should be better with the drugs but maybe I have to change my thinking yet again? I have lesions around my eyes and that's always a sign that I'm going to flare again. Hoping that if I spend a couple of days mostly horizontal with eyes glazed in front of Youtube, maybe this can still be short-circuited.

Hi DD, thank you for replying. I do take MTX by injection 20mg still to support the Enbrel. Gosh, I couldn't expect anyone to remember the drugs I take.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hello Anna,
    I'm sorry you're finding yet again that the drugs don't work. Or at least not in the way you expected or dared to hope for.
    I hope your resting helps.
    Take care
    Numpty x
  • stickywicket
    Boomer13 wrote:
    Somehow I always expect this should be better with the drugs

It is better with the drugs. It just isn't good :roll:
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Ah Sticky, you are right. It's easy to forget how bad things were before the meds. No, it's not great but it's not like it was then. It would be nice if I could cut back on the pain meds, though. I was nearly there these past few weeks, oh well :roll:

Thank you, Numpty, nice to "see" you!
  • Boomer13
    I forgot to add that on the positive side, my husband is afflicted with an awful 'flu but thanks to the 'flu shot, I'm not afflicted and
    I should be by now, he's not been too careful with sneezing, handwashing etc. The shot has been so worth it this year.
  • stickywicket
    Small mercies, eh? Mind you, a sick husband is enough of a burden for any woman :shock: :lol: Stay bug-free, Anna.
    Steven Wright