That's the first week over

Options
slomo
slomo Member Posts: 180
edited 19. Jan 2016, 03:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well that's me done my first week back at work although it's a bit of a cheek calling it a week when it was only two afternoons!
I'm still skulking in the back office at the moment wading through my emails and finding my way around our system again. It's giving me an idea what it will be like being back at the customer desk and having to concentrate on things. The other staff using the back office are busy on the phone or discussing business among themselves and I can hear all their conversations as I try to concentrate on what's in the various emails.

I don't know if my manager has a date in mind when he expects me to be working in my customer facing role again, he's not mentioned any date and I'm not thinking of one yet, I'm just reading the emails and trying to act on them.

It quite strange in a way as when I was off it was all about me and my various appointments and how I was feeling but now I'll have to start putting the customers and their needs first, while I'm at work at least!

Next week I do Monday Tuesday Wednesday afternoons which will actually be twice the hours of this week.
Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the good wishes

slomo

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have a good weekend, Slomo and I hope it goes well for you next week.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Glad it went well. It is strange and I remember how tiring I found having to use my "work brain" again after so long. I think the first day in a way is the worst and you have done that. Take it steady and keep in touch with your manager in terms of how you are managing.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Well done! Have a quiet, restful weekend and I hope next week goes as well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Hope this week goes well for you too!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That sounds like a good re-introduction to the world of work and I hope the rest of it will be suitable stepped. Good luck for this week! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben