Preventing overstretrching shoulder

Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 17. Jan 2016, 08:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am right handed and have right shoulder pain. Its made worse by using the mouse moving my arm back and forward. How can I restrict the movement in my shoulder but still use the mouse Thoughts that occur are some sort of bandage. brace or sitting forward so don't have to move mouse too far or using other hand

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What about using a tracker ball control? Basically it's an upside down mouse with a large ball , you then just have to move the ball with your hand rather than the mouse. Thinking about this for you makes me wonder why I haven't got one at work already myself!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Or just use your left hand half the time. It's what I do. It soon 'learns'.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It seems obvious but if you know what is causing the trouble then changing the way you do it is key. Either invest in a different mouse, experiment with a trackpad, try a tablet - all can be done in any computer store so you can find what suits you for the current time. I found that improving my posture at the keyboard made a difference, sitting straighter and not hunched over benefits more than just the spine. Maybe being seated higher would also help. Do little and often rather than long sessions involving the repetitive movement which is causing the trouble. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben