Hello from Martin

Options
spearshake
spearshake Member Posts: 2
edited 29. Jan 2016, 05:05 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all, My name is Martin and I am 68 years old. I have had arthritis since the age of 35yrs however it has not been disabling until the last 10 years having now developed it in the spine hip and knee and despite this I am still working five days a week, although I hope to retire some time this year.
Hobbies are Rugby, Football and spending money.
Living in Northampton I have a wife and daughter at home so plenty of help at home although I do try to do my bit.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Martin,

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    Mod L
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Martin, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry that you have had to find us. I can't identify with the male, rugby and footy stuff but I do understand spending money - being a girl I am somewhat practised at that :wink: . I began my auto-immune stuff aged 37, now I am nearly 57 and have that plus OA and fibro.

I have to go and cook for The Spouse but will be back tomorrow, I hope that's OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hi there, Martin. I'm sorry things have been deteriorating in recent years. Is this OA or an autoimmune form? If the latter, a change of meds might help. If the former, a change of hips and knees?

You should have plenty of TV rugby to watch i the coming weeks with the 6 Nations. And, if you're into it, the rugby league season will be starting again soon to. In order of preference, I'd go for cricket, league then union but will watch any. However, Mr SW usually exerts his male rights to keep control of the remote :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright