Disabilities act?

Options
daniivca
daniivca Member Posts: 30
I was just wondering if we fall under the equalities and disability act for work? I have previously for another medical condition but this meant I had to go to OccH which I don't like doing. However if this will benefit me in the long run then I'll happily go. What are people's thoughts?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Check with your Union if you belong to one or contact the CAB if you don't. You need accurate and informed advice, and I think they are the ones to provide it. There's a wealth of experience on here (if you read through some of the threads you find references to this and how people have been affected) but each circumstance is different and we may not have up-to-date knowledge. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daniivca
    daniivca Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Yeah I'm in a union I'll have to ring them at some point when I'm feeling a bit better and more up to it, I don't really want to go to OccH as they've made problems for a former colleague so im trying to avoid them. Thanks for your help
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The fact they weren't of much help to a former colleague doesn't meant they won't be of much help to you, does it? There are two sides to every story and, due to issues of confidentiality, you probably only heard one; if they didn't get what they wanted theirs will be a biased view. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I've been to OH 4 or 5 times over the past couple of years and always found the appointments useful and the reports positive.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich