I'M FED UP!!

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 13. Feb 2016, 09:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had a bug or an infection or something
For a few days I thought it was a bug, then they took me into hospital {only for a day} and they said it was in infection and put me on a course of anti bio's.
It's been 10 days now and I still feel awful {which is why I haven't been online}
I have a temperature, feel sick, don't feel like eating and cannot face coffee!!!! Me ...the COFFEHOLIC!!!!! That's like saying DD has gone off wine LOL :lol::lol:
Because I'm not eating, I'm weak and don't feel like doing anything.
Sorry about this but just to say why I haven't been online or answered andy posts.
I have another doctor appointment {GP} Tuesday next week.
I've also got an appointment with someone called David from "Talking Northumberland" about CBT
Thank goodness its over the phone I certainly don't feel like going to anywhere for an appointment.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Just hope things start to ease for you soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I completely empathise, it's far from fun whilst it lasts and believe you me, this bug lasts. :roll: Fancy joining my gang? :wink:

There is no need to apologise for not being around, you give a great deal to this forum (and AC in general) and it's time for you to rest (albeit for all the wrong reasons). I hope you start to feel better soon. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Just dropped by to say be gentle with yourself and I hope that you start to feel better soon. Big hugs ((((((( ))))))).

Deb xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Deb, Slosh and DD....thanks for your replies.
    Yes DD ....I'll join your gang :lol: I haven't been reading the posts but I take it from that you're suffering as well?

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oh dear! That sounds deeply unpleasant and far too long-lasting. I reckon, with all the turmoil of recent weeks, you were ripe to pick something up. The body can only fight on so many fronts at one time.

Antibios themselves can produce nausea and being off coffee will do you no harm at all but monitor that temperature and I suggest you adopt my Mum's attitude when appetite is lost ie a bit of what you fancy does you good. (NB a 'bit', not a lot :lol: )

I hope the phone appointment goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Oh Hileena, you're certainly having a rough time of it. I do hope that the bug clears off soon and you begin to feel a lot better.

Also hope that the CBT conversation goes well for you, and, more importantly, that it helps.

Take care

Meg
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Thinking of you Hileena, you are having a miserable time of it and I hope things start looking a bit brighter soon.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    So sorry Hileena you are still suffering,hope you soon feel better........... :)
    If you don't mind that is one club I don't wish to join...... :(
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    I know we have already spoke, but this has gone on to long..hopefully you will feel better very soon, its not like you at all..think I said coffee is the first thing I go off when not well..hope the phone call help if only a little..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • silkysam
    silkysam Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi Hileena. just saw your post. Haven't been on here for a while. You have helped me with support in the past, so just wanted to say, hope you are beginning to pick up a bit now. I agree abut antibiotics taking your appetite away. I have just finished a course, the way you describe is how I was. So achy and fluey, think it was sinus trouble, plus the horrible weather makes our pains worse.
    Anyway, sending hugs, hope you are soon back to better health xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm eating a little bit better but still not brilliant
    Hopefully I'll get rid of it soon

Love
    Hileena
  • Whi
    Whi Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi sorry your not well sounds awful hope your on the mend now.
    Get well soon all the best
    Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, how are things going now? I hope you are feeling at least a little brighter. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi, Hileena, sorry your not well, it's good you have managed to eat something you need to keep your strength up to fight this. Sending you (())'s and I hope you feel better soon.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well the update is.........I had to go to the GP 2 weeks after coming out of the hospital.
    He confirmed what they had said but also said that it was a very severe one. It would take another 2 or 3 weeks to clear.
    I'm having up and down days.
    DD would you believe I'm hardly out of the house LOL LOL :lol: You know my patience!!!! or lack of it.
    Anyway today I'm very shaky. Im eating reasonably well now so its not that.
    Roll on 2 or 3 weeks until I get over this
    What about you? You weren't feeling too good
    How are you now?
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    My guess is that the shakiness is due to weakness if you've not been eating properly until recently and not been able to get about much.

Unfortunately these things have their own timetable and won't be rushed :roll:

How was your phone call with David? Helpful?
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    I know you are right about the lack of food. At least I'm eating more than I was 2 weeks ago when I came out of hospital.
    My phone call with David didnt take place.
    I told him when I was on the phone to him that it was hard to tell whether it was the illness that was causing me to stay in, not want to go out or if it was the depression that I had been feeling before it
    We areed that we would make an appointment every Friday and if it got to Wed or Thurs and I still felt "grotty" ring him and cancel it and try for the following Friday until I got a Friday that I felt OK
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well, I don't suppose this infection has done anything to make you feel better but at least things sound to be improving. I hope that continues.
    Steven Wright