Hello I'm Joan, new to the forum

Options
rupertthedog
rupertthedog Member Posts: 2
edited 6. Feb 2016, 06:45 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

I'm Joan. I had an ankle fusion (arthroscopy) at the Nuffield Centre, Oxford on 14 January. So far, everything's gone fine, no problems when nurse at GP Practice removed the stitches last week, and I 'm just about up and moving (occasionally) with my "zimmer frame". Seeing the physios next week to see about getting on crutches - wish me luck!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Joan, I am sure you will find support, advice and light relief.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more arthritis conditions or look after family with the same. If you need help with the technicalities of the forum just get in touch via a personal message.

Best wishes
    Mod B
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and to hear that everything is, so far, going well after the fusion. Recovery and recuperation can be a frustrating time but it sounds as though you are doing all the right things. I have two kinds of arthritis, but so far no replacements or fusings - I am, however, reliant on a rollator for walking longer distances.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, most people post and reply on the Living with Arthritis board so have a look at that - I think someone posted recently about having a similar operation done but my memory is not what is used to be! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I certainly do wish you luck, Joan, but you sound to have a very positive attitude so, hopefully, luck won't come into it.

Was it a fusion or an arthroscopy? Either way, if you'd like to share experiences with others who have had this op try posting on the Living With Arthritis forum. I'm a knee and hip veteran but my ankles have fused themselves.

Please let's know how things progress. I hope the transition to crutches is a smooth one.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright