Stairlift troubles again!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 17. Feb 2016, 05:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, Saturday night my right hand switch to send the stairlift up and downstairs decided to give up the ghost! Same thing happened in December so I know what it is the wire has come out (It's an issue with certain makes.) So got to get the Mobility people to come out and replace it! Lucky I got warranty on the thing!! :roll:

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, hope it's sorted soon. Mum has had some recent troubles with hers, the first time leaving her trapped upstairs for hours, but the repair folks did a grand job of sorting it even though they had a huge workload and couldn't reach her until after 9pm!

Deb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    It is lucky that you have the warranty but it surely shouldn't be necessary. If it's a known problem they should rectify it properly or replace the stairlift as being not fit for purpose. How are you managing?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I hope this is fixed quickly for you and that it finally resolves any on-going issues.

This has brought to mind an advert on the TV for a well-known make of crisps involving a stairlift, a mechanic and an energetic lady customer who turned the stairlift up to "warp speed" when the engineer wasn't looking so she could nick his crisps ...

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Yep Grace I know the one you are on about! I keep saying I wish I could speed mine up! Anyway the same chap came who fixed the left side and I told him I thought it was the same problem as before! And he said I was right, there was a bad batch made of the Brookes stair lift and the arm controls wires aren't fitted properly and they come undone causing the controls not to work. luckily my remote controls still work and I have 2 of those!
    The fitters have new arms on their vans so can replace the arms easily enough when they break. My right arms wires had literally sheared in to 2 pieces which was surprising! So my stair lift is working fine now but I do wish I could speed it up a little!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    there was a bad batch made of the Brookes stair lift and the arm controls wires aren't fitted properly and they come undone causing the controls not to work.

:shock:

They are allowed to keep on selling them? To disabled people who could end up stuck and in danger?

If they were cars they'd have been recalled.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Whi
    Whi Member Posts: 9
    Options
    How annoying hope they sort it quickly for you. ☺
  • bubbadog
    Options
    All fixed now thank you!! :balloon: