Back to gynaecology

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 2. Mar 2016, 16:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Right ,I had a phone call and a follow-up letter from a consultant gynaecologist to say in his opinion its a simple cyst on right ovary, i knew that, the urologist said in his opinion it was the cyst that was causing the kidney problems this fact seems to have been ignored ,I am going for a routine check-up at gynaecology clinic tomorrow and will go armed with all my letters that passed me from one to the other and back again,I want to know what the h**l is going on and why I can't get any answers,in all this time I have only seen one doctor and this was the urologist for 2 mins everything else has been through letters which aren't the same as speaking face to face. Sorry if this is a ramble but Im really fed up now. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm not surprised you're fed up, who wouldn't be? I had a massive cyst on my right ovary but it didn't cause any trouble until it twisted on its stem - then I knew about it!

I'll be there. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    I hope it goes well for you today, Mig.

Meg
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I'll be there too. I hope you get some answers and the problem is easily solved.
    Anna
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm so late to this, mig. (It's been a long day :roll: ) I hope the news was good news.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig sorry I am another that is late, but I hope you get some answers its the least they can do..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Options
    Gynaecology have discharged me and will be writing to gp and urology saying that they can see no evidence that the cyst on ovary has got any connection to any kidney problems.So its waiting again ,I am going to make app with gp to discuss this with her and find out about latest blood tests results which were to check vitamin d and thyroid levels,I have the feeling its all going to be meds related,will keep you all posted.Mg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Phew so glad they have discharged you mig, now hopefully your GP will help with your questions...good luck...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Sorry I'm late in coming to this Mig. I do hope your GP can give you some answers - we spend a lot of time waiting for answers. I had a cystoscopy & other tests in which nothing showed, but eventually an ovarian cyst was discovered & removed. This was donkey' s years ago.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    HI Mig
    I'm sorry I'm late as well in getting to this post.
    I hope your GP can sort something out

love
    Hileena
  • Megrose2
    Options
    Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well for you, Mig. I do hope that your appointment with your GP is a good one.

Meg
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I guess that's something crossed off the list but hope your GP can come up with some answers now Mig. It's awful not knowing and having to continually wait for answers.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I couldn't see how the two could be connected but a urologist doesn't understand the world of gynaecology :wink: . I'm glad you're discharged though, it's always pleasant to tick off a clinic from the list. Good luck with getting this trouble sorted, it needs to be ASAP. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    A good plan mig. Your GP is the best person to unravel the mystery. I hope the appointment goes well.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    I have managed to get an app with gp for monday morning so if anyone can keep me company I will be grateful.Mig
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Absolutely, I'll be there.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hi mig,

You're having a bit of a rough ride, eh? Yup will be there in your pocket.

x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm in, mig.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose2
    Options
    I'll be there, too, Mig.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Good luck with the appointment, mig. I hope, at the very least, you come back a bit clearer as what your next move is.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Sorry to be late along to this thread.... but I hope your GP appointment has moved you further forward on the journey.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope the appointment was helpful, Mig. ((( ))) DD
  • Megrose2
    Options
    Hi Mig. How did your appointment go? Well, I hope.

Meg
  • mig
    Options
    I think I had a good app and I really like this gp she straight and tells it like it is.
    She is happy with gynaecology and knows of the consultant and trusts what he says so that the cyst taken care of.She wasn't happy that urology hasn't done any follow-up appointment and has written to them she did the letter while I was there,so its waiting again hopefully not so long as before,my bloods were a little better than before but she is thinking the vitamin d is having an effect as my thyroid levels have also improved which we were both pleased about.She has doubled my propranolol which I am taking for anxiety but given what we have just gone through with Johns sister she said the stress I am feeling is normal,I am to see her in 4 weeks and if things have improved I will stay on the propranolol if not she will give me a low dose of antidepressants.So all in all quite a good app,thank you all for your support. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`m glad your appointment went well Mig - your GP seems to have been very thorough. I hope you don`t have to wait too long for the urology appointment.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    That sounds all round good. Well, at least better.

Stick with that GP, mig. I like the sound of her.
    Steven Wright