POCKET DUTIES REQUIRED PLEASE

barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 10. Mar 2016, 03:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
I saw my hip surgeon a couple of weeks ago, and he is doing this other hip, he saw the xrays of my back and they have deteriorated a lot in the 3 years since the other hip was done,and so has the hip, so he put me on the list but doesn't promise a miracle because my spine and sacro are so bad..but I think it will help ..hopefully...so my pre-op is the 7th of march and the op is the 17th...I have decided not to have the back op, just hope this thumb holds out till I have recovered then they can do that..roll on spring... :D
Love
Barbara

Comments

• Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll hop into your pocket on 7th March for your pre-op, Barbara. I hope it all goes well.

Meg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I'm ready Barbara anything you need. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Count me in, Barbara, I am very pleased that you have taken this plunge - you surprised yourself before so can do so again! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I'll be there too.(((())))
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi barbara
    Will also gladly hop into you pocket (hopping is what I'm best at the moment since am also awaiting a hip surgery.)
    Be there for the 7th.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi barbara
    Will also gladly hop into you pocket (hopping is what I'm best at the moment since am also awaiting a hip surgery.)
    Be there for the 7th.
    Ron

forgot to mention that also have back problem (herniated disc at L5/S1).Surgeon didn't know how much of pain was from hip and how much referred from back.
    Post hip operation will tell............ :!:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    Aww a big thankyou to Meg, Mig, DD, Boomer,and Ron its dose make a difference with you lot behind me..
    DD you are right I was a scardy cat having my THR, it was my first major op,but must say it was easier than I thought.. :)
    Ron think I told you I was in the same position back or hip, but I have never regretted having the THR , I am sure this limping, to put it lightly is not helping the back..so fingers crossed..let us know when your is, and we will be there, might be on crutches but soon got used to that..and the 6 weeks didn't drag thank goodness
    Thanks again everyone..xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    You are more than welcome, my lovely. This is what the forum is about, yes? DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Count me in! I haven't seen you on here for a while, barabara. Hope all is ok otherwise. :)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    I hope it all goes well Barbara.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    Thankyou so much DD, Starburst and Grace
    You all have so much going on especially Grace and I am always aware of this,
    Thankyou for missing me starburst, I did have a sort of a break , but bouncing back now like we all do :)
    I couldn't fault the hospital last time, and my surgeon, so that puts my mind at rest..got my letter yesterday confirming things..and at the bottom it say this lady has a small socket :o and there's me telling people I am big boned.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    I can't promise to be there with you, Barbara, as 7th is the day before we go over to our son's in California but you know I am thinking of you very much. You are in good hands. That is important. And you and your surgeon have already clocked up one successful THR together so I guess just more of the same. I hope it all goes really well from start to finish. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope all goes well with the op, Barbara - March 17th is St. Patrick's Day. Take some shamrock with you!!
  • barbara12
    Thankyou so much SW..and you enjoy your time with your family in that lovely sunshine
    Thanks Teresa..think I might just get some shamrock.. :) my last THR was on my late mums Birthday..and that helped me stay calm ..hope St Patrick does the same..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Count me in Barbara.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    HI Barbara
    I haven`t been on here for a while, but I m definitely here to support you if needed with your next THR. You did so well last time, especially after being so apprehensive. Take care
    I will be thinking of you on the 7th xx
    NB
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Pop me in as well, fingers crossed all goes well at the pre op
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Thnakyou so much bubba, slosh and NB.. you are very kind :)
    Nb I have been thinking about you lately and I dont have your num since changing my phone..hope you are getting there with your back and hips..I have decided not to have the back op they have offered, although they do say there might come a time when it will has to be done... :roll: did they sort out your hip..sorry forgot if it was the first one or second..
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,873
    Count me in Barbara 100%

((()))xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I'll definitely be there Barbara. I'm sure all will go well.
    Christine
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Barbara
    I have sent you a text if you still have the same number?
    I am still plodding on, literally :lol:. I still am having issues with my right hip and my back. I am having hydro again at Wrightington. I saw my surgeon recently and he thinks I have spinal stenosis causing compression on my nerves. I am having yet another dreaded MRI soon :cry: I have had a medication review and am trying a different combination of pills.
    Good luck with everything and I am always here if you want to talk xx
    NB
  • barbara12
    Oh NB I am sorry I changed my num and forgot quite a lot of people,I am sorry you are still suffering..its never ending is it, I'm the same with my back it started has a stenosis and now has bent to the right..so he was a bit cautious at doing this hip..but I think it will help..I will PM you my num and I hope they can sort you out , and same here you keep in touch..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    How did your pre-op go? I assume you're all set for the 17th! DD