Horrible Flu Virus

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 2. Mar 2016, 05:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, Guys & Girls, Sorry I haven't been around for a while but I've been dealing with a nasty flu virus, I've had it just over a week and a half now and it has literally knocked me off my feet, I've spent a week in bed with it as I was drained of all my energy. I have to admit it has been the worse flu virus I've ever encountered. My poor OH had it before me and it comes to something when he has to have time off work and he was off work for 4 days. It starts off as normal flu and then changes from coughing and sneezing to block sinuses to a head cold. Today I feel better than I have in over a week and I just hope I've turned a corner with it now. It truly has been horrible.

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to hear you've been so unwell, I hope that you are heading upward now to happier days, at least with spring on the horizon life seems to feel a bit more optimistic. There seem to be some horrible viruses around just now, I had a nasty one a couple of months ago that gave me chest and sinus trouble which lingered for several weeks so I can sympathise.

Feel better soon.

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Sorry you've got flu again, bubbadog. I know, in the past, you've not had the flu jab but may have done so this year in which case you've been very unfortunate. Might it just be a bad cold? I know that, once a cold gets into the sinuses the symptoms can be prolonged for some time and might require antibiotics. I hope you feel better soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I had the flu jab this year Sticky but my G.P said I was just an unlucky one to catch the stronger flu virus that's going round. Phil's Jnr at work passed it to my OH and he was off work for a week with it which isn't like him, he never has time off sick! Then my OH was off for 3 days with it and he never has time off unless he's really poorly. And he kindly passed it to me. It is/was a flu virus my G.P confirmed it was. Starting to get back on my feet now just feel extremely tired all the time.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    I'm not surpised your OH was off work if it was flu. Flu can't be 'fought' like a cold can. It just has to be given in to. You have been very unfortunate to contract flu after having the jab but I'm pleased things are looking up now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright