Arthritis in Shoulders

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 2. Mar 2016, 05:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
dose anyone suffer from this and what sort of symptoms do you get.
Since having inflamed bursa's on both elbows one after the other, I have been having having painful episodes of pain in the top of both arms from shoulder to elbow, and am finding some things harder to lift if they are a bit heavy. if i'm in pain with my arms. sort of wondered if I now have arthritis creeping into arm joints too. thanks in advance for any advice :)
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, that sounds painful. I have arthritis diagnosed in my shoulder, it typically aches and causes me pain in the upper arm, little seems to help when it flares other than a hot pack and resting it from activities that aggravates the pain. My shoulder issues came in recurrent bouts and were diagnosed via an MRI scan, it made lots of every day activities challenging, but it does recede for periods which is a blessing ! I'm not sure whether it's OA or a result of my RA.....either way it hurts! I sometimes find rubbing in Voltarol gel helps, as does a hot shower......hope you find some relief from yours very soon.
    Deb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I've got Rheumatoid or Osteo-Arthritis in my left Shoulder can't remember which but have been really suffering with it lately. It feels like a burning aching pain across and down towards my elbow.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this, Carol. I very rarely get shoulder pain these days though I've got very little movement left in mine. In their day they were absolutely horrible.

I think it's possible that your pain is coming from the bursas in your elbows as all these things are connected and you'll be using your shoulders differently because of the bursas.

In your situation I'd be down at the docs to get a professional verdict and I'd be hoping he's send me for physio. (In fact, if he didn't, I'd probably ask :wink: )

I hope this is something that will sort itself out given time but get it checked out anyway.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Carol I have just answered your post on chitchat..I hope you can get some relief soon , have you had your shoulder xrayed ..then at least you would have some idea of what is going on, I dont get the elbow pain thank goodness...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Thanks for your replies have not been to Drs yet as as you say Sticky I think it may be from the Bursa's and the left arm which can be the most painful and achey the bursa has not gone completely yet. but got a Drs appt on 18th to see him about something else so i'll speak to him then Thanks for your advice dibdab about the voltarol I may try that.
    Barbara not had exrays yet but will speak to Dr when I see him on 18th
    Stay positive always👍xx