Have weighed in

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 7. Mar 2016, 03:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've weighed in tonight. My last weigh in was 10th Feb. Unsurprisingly I've lost weight - 6lbs. This isn't a loss I'll be able to celebrate under the circumstances. When I went back to work on Monday my colleagues said they could see I'd lost weight. I wasn't sure, so went tonight to see where my weight actually was.

So my total so far is now 2 stones, 9.5lbs.

I'm eating regularly. I did some batch cooking last Saturday and will do the same again this Friday. (My car is in for service Friday so can't get anywhere then). I'll then freeze what I've prepared so I make sure I get a hot meal every day.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good idea Grace

It's harder to cook for one so batch cooking will solve that problem.

At times of any stress I usually loose lots of weight too even if I am eating fairly normally.

I think the upset burns off calories.

Still sending you love and strength

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Hi Grace hope you are ok yes I think when cooking for one the best idea is to batch cook and freeze and then you always have a hot meal without to much problem and your weight loss was yes to be expected mind you some people go the other way so I would say you were quite lucky really, take care . :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Yes, again you have lost weight but I'm sure you'd have preferred things to go differently this time.

I also endorse the batch baking idea. I love looking in the freezer to see what I have that I can just stick in the microwave. I get one or two surprises when I've been too rushed to label :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Im glad to hear you are eating well Grace...and I'm sure weight loss is the last thing on your mind, but its good to have some normality..I really do admire you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    Thank you all for your kind comments. If I didn't have my mixed root veg soup and my batch-cooked meals I'm sure I'd be sticking to snacks.

A friend of mine has suggested I get a mini oven which I'll do. I can use this much cheaper than the big built-in oven.

My shopping came this afternoon so I have enough supplies of yoghurts, fresh and frozen veg/fruit, milk, bread, etc., for a fortnight. Loads left in the freezers, which I've got to sort through in any event at the weekend. I know that some of this is food I'll not be eating so I'll give it away to family in all likelihood.

My lovely neighbour has invited me to her for Sunday lunch. The following Sunday I'm taking her out to lunch as a thank you for all her support just lately.

Thanks again.

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    Hi Grace

Just popping by to check how you are doing?

I hope you enjoy your lunch with your friend/neighbour.

I presume work is on for tomorrow so hope that it's ok this week too,

Love

Toni xx
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Hi Grace, how are you doing?
    Good to hear you've got the eating and meals sorted, my friend, when she was stressed or ultra tired, tended to eat a chocolate bar and a bag or crisps for her evening meal until she was taken in hand and invited to a friend's - which of course meant she had to be polite and eat what they'd prepared.
    You're batch cooking sounds ideal but do remember to label them! I have meals in my freezer, any idea what they are?? I certainly don't! I think I'll have to defrost them and get a surprise (or shock).
    Take care of yourself, ((()))
    slomo
  • GraceB
    Thank you for your kind replies. I had my lunch with my neighbour today and it was extremely tasty.

Yes it's work tomorrow and it's my "full" week this week so I'll be working all day Monday, all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Next week I'm at work on the Monday and then off as I'll be doing final tasks for the funeral on the Thursday.

Still in the midst of getting the last few things sorted for the funeral, but we are in the final stages with this now.

I haven't needed to label my batch cooked meals as I've done either cottage pie, mince and rice, rice and mash in pots ready to reheat. Didn't get the chance to go through the freezer this weekend but I'll take 10 minutes tomorrow before work to do this as I've got to get some milk out.

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    Hi Grace

It's such a good thing you are a super-organised person :)

The food will really help you to continue to eat well when things are so busy for you.

I'm sure work is the right place for you - in the past I preferred to return to work ASAP after a bereavement too. Colleagues and normality is a good thing.

Take care of yourself

love

Toni xxx