Not a happy Bunny!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 8. Mar 2016, 11:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was due to go and see my Rheumatologist on Tuesday and I'd planned to ask for a Steroid injection in my shoulder and possibly left knee and had a list of questions ready to ask when Wednesday I got a letter in the post from my hospital cancelling the apt. My OH and I thought it must be to the Jnr Doctor's strike. Looked down to see when my new apt was for and was shocked to see it was for September!! So now I'm fuming and plan to speak to my Rhummy nurse today to see if she can see me. I've managed to get an apt with one of the Doctors at my practice who can do the Steroid injections but have to wait till 31st March which was the earliest apt free.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can well understand your frustration, bubbadog. Unfortunately, rheumatology departments are becoming increasingly busy places. September will seem a long way away but at least you can get your injections if the doc agrees with you. Perhaps the rheumatology nurse can help. Let's know what happens.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I've had this a few times and it has lead to an unacceptable gap between appointments when they are already long enough. It is so frustrating but the only answer is to ask to be considered for any cancellations but of course this can still mean a long delay.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh bubba, I have had quite a few cancellations over the years..and it knocks you for six when you are in pain..you ring them up and get over to them how you feel..good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm having the same thing cancelled 2 appointments now so I will have a gap of 9 months between appointments and 7 months since my last infusion which frankly is unacceptable I should be assessed within 4 months of an infusion :( am just running out of energy to be chasing them!