Pocket duties for MRI, please?

Options
Megrose2
Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
edited 12. Mar 2016, 16:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm off to have an MRI next Tuesday. The rheumatologist I saw a few weeks ago thinks I may have spinal stenosis, which is contributing to the pain I get from the bilateral trochanteric bursitis.

I'm getting well scanned at the moment, as I had a CT scan with contrast last week to check out the stones and benign tumours on my kidneys. Now waiting for an appointment to see the urologist again.

Anybody willing to accompany this creaky old lady on Tuesday would be very welcome. :)

Meg

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll creak along with you, Megrose, MRIs are OK but noisy noisy noisy with their BANG BANG BANGS! I hope it finds the cause of the trouble. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I will be in your pocket but might be stuffed after being spoilt the night before as it was my b'day!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I will be with you meg, it was an MRI that showed up my spinal stenosis ..I hope the results are good for you x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Im in. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'll be there too.
  • Megrose2
    Options
    Thank you all very much. I'll see if I can summon up some tea and biscuits - if you'll have room for any, Bubba! Many happy returns in advance. :)

Meg
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi meg
    Will be there for you but prefer to stand and watch (fortunately only room for one at a time anyway.............. :D :!: )
    A bit noisy for me having had the experience........... :shock:
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Of course I will be there. If you're lucky, you get music. If you're not....I shall sing for you. :lol: I hope it gives the answers you are looking for you. x
  • Megrose2
    Options
    Thank you Ron and Starburst. I had a phone call from the hospital earlier and they offered me a cancellation, so I can have the MRI tomorrow lunchtime!

I hope that you'll still be able to make it. And, if I'm offered music, I'll refuse, as I'm really looking forward to hearing you singing, Starburst. :D

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oooooh, that's good news! I'll be thinking of you. DD
  • Megrose2
    Options
    All done and dusted! :D Gosh, it was SO noisy. I don't remember it being as noisy as that the last time I had one. The best bit was I got to wear a really natty pair of blue cotton trousers. I nearly brought them back with me!

Now we have the long wait to see what the results are.

Thank you everybody for coming with me.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    They are noisy things, my hospital gives you headphones but they don't reduce things that much. I hope you didn't become too uncomfortable in the machine and I hope the results come through sooner rather than later. DD
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    I had my first last June - luckily the day after my brothers wedding ! So think I eventually fell asleep after too much champagne the day before.

I'll be with you - my secret would be to recite a song in your head xx and remember to breathe X