It's done!

Wobblylegs
Wobblylegs Member Posts: 99
edited 12. Mar 2016, 06:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got the new knee!
Now 2 days post op and they still struggling to get me out of bed! Every time they try I go into a cold sweat and feel faint! So plan is just to stand up several times today!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello
    Don't you worry about not being able to get out of bed, I was the same with my new hip, and was feeling really down because everyone seemed to be moving on,it will come I promise you, we are all different when it comes to recovery..keep us updated when you can..wishing you a good recovery x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You've had a big operation and the knee is a more complicated joint than a hip. You probably feel faint because it's likely you are spending a great deal of time lying down so try sitting up more often, do the exercises but not to the point of aggravating any pain and I am sure your confidence will return. They do need to get you up and about to start the knee working so stick at it and I am sure you will master it - thousands have! Good luck and keep in touch. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad the op is over and good luck with the recovery. Everyone is different so take it steady and don't be tempted to try and do more than you can.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad the op is over and good luck with the recovery. Everyone is different so take it steady and don't be tempted to try and do more than you can.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich