living a nightmare

Options
lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 20. Mar 2016, 09:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi I was on this forum a while ago but had to stop as my health took a nasty turn, along with type 2 diabetes OA thyroid problems ulcer problems back problems I have now been diagnoised with sjorgrens rhumatoid and eye problems the arthritis is so sever Ia m awaiting 4 operations the first is to remove my thumb joint on the same hand as I as had my wrist replacement 5 years ago a trapesiotomy I believe its called, that's happening on 26th March then my neck shoulder and spine has been damaged quite badly by arthritis meaning my neck needs an op to free the nerves as they are getting pinched which is resulting in me not being ab;le to turn my head far I had got used to this so didn't realise how bad it was, same thing in my shoulder the nerves have died off and resulted in my right arm being very weak and lastly the bottom of my spine the vertabre's have moved 20mm up from 8mm a few years ago and needs to be stabalised, I have also had my toe joint removed , I'm on methotrexate and hydroxychioroquine which seem to be helping but am going through a flare up right now with my thumb so painful I was crying and wondering if I should go to the hospital for pain relief as nothing helped I am on tramadol amongst other pain relief and woke up at 4 am with hip pain, so today I am feeling very fragile and am thinking its never ending even my DR feels sorry for me sorry to go on but am sitting here and I needed to get it all off of my chest :? :(

Comments

• prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi lavenderlady
    So so sorry you are suffering at the moment and feel so fragile...... :(

You certaintly need and deserve to get things off your chest.Feel free to rant as much as you like............... :!:

Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi lavenderlady, blimey you do have a lot going on,I'm so glad you can talk to us, it makes such a difference..I wish I could help more but you know we are always here, I am having my second THR tomorrow so might not be around for a few days but should be back Monday I hope.
    You take care and I hope you get the help you need xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello again, I remember you very well and I am so sorry to read about what has been happening to you over the past few years, what a lot to take on board and deal with. I hope the forthcoming surgeries make at least some difference for the better, I will be thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lilbluebin
    lilbluebin Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi lavenderlady, I hope your operations goes well. And hope telling your heart out helped you feel better. Well lets not give up and you know we are here for you to share.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Of course we remember you Lavenderlady.

It is lovely to see you, but I am so sorry you are suffering so much just now.

If you are in too much pain I do think you could ring that 111 number for advice 24 hours a day.

I am glad you have decided to return here with friends who understand.

Love

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having so many problems lavenderlady you have well and truly been in the wars as the saying goes. I am having a bit of a period like this myself at present so know how you are feeling I send my best wishes that your problems may soon ease. so life is more comfortable for you.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi Lavenderlady. Just to wish you well and hope that things improve for you in the future.

((()))

Meg
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    thank you all so much, your kindness is much appreciated, I hope to stay with you all as I battle my way through life's problems I hate to moan about feeling so ill as I lost my 53 year old brother on Nov 18th last year :( so feel at least I am still around in pain yes but alive maybe I should be grateful for that, I should smile a bit more maybe :) I hope you are all pushing past the pain and problems and having a nice day with the sun shining well it is here on the Isle of wight :o
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    It is here too in Staffordshire Lavenderlady.

I wonder whether your flare is in any way connected with upset at loosing your brother? I have heard people say stress/upset can cause problems.

It's easy to say we should be grateful for being here, but we all understand, that's a lot harder when you are struggling like you are:?

Take care now

Love

toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's amazing the effects that emotional stress can have on our well-being, it is known that any kind of stress can affect auto-immune conditions and the death of a sibling has to rate high in terms of that. Grief itself is complicated enough but then add in your poor physical health and feeling that you should be grateful for still being alive despite your troubles and it all piles up.

Smiling more often is a good idea but the smiles have to be natural. You're a few months on now and maybe thinking of happier times with your brother will trigger a spontaneous grin every now and again. It can be very hard to find the positives in our pain-filled lives but they are there - appreciating them, however, is not necessarily that easy. One of my favourite quotes is from Khalil Gibran's The Prophet: the deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben