COLONOSCOPY

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 21. Mar 2016, 12:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone
I did say I would bring you up to date. I had this confusing appointment yesterday {Wed} not quite sure what I was going for.
Well I saw the consultant who examined me {nothing out of the ordinary he said} but he wanted me to have a colonoscopy but it would be both ends. Just to be in the safe side.
I haven't got the date here.....Its the middle of April sometime {diary is downstairs and I'm upstairs}
He asked if I wanted a little sedation.....I said yes......you don't get medals for being brave in cases like this :lol:
He said I might just need to keep on with iron tablets but he also said I might need infusions.......that I know nothing about.
So that's the latest
I will ask for pocket duties that day......yesterday was only a pre op and there was lots of other things like Barbara going in for her 2nd THR etc
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hope all goes well Hileena, I'm available for pocket duties ( I'm not squeamish, are you :o ) might want a share of your sedation though!
    Take care
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Sounds exactly like my last two endoscopes/colonoscopies apart from the irom. They didn't want me to take it until they were done. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You can pop me in too
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks......Its not for a while yet so I will give you a shout :lol::wink:
    Sticky....I have to come off my iron tablets 2 weeks before this. I've also got to come off my lansoprozol. I think that's a week beforehand

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mr DD has to stop his omeprazole the week before his endoscopy (that's in early April), I guess they want to see his guts 'in the raw' so to speak!

If you're having both done at the same time then sedation is definitely the way to go. Count me in for PDs when the time comes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    When is Mr DD's Just checked. Mine is the 13th April.
    I've also got to stop the iron 2 weeks beforehand That's because its both ends LOL
    Love
    Eileen
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Count me in Hileena

I will stay 'head end' though if that's ok :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Hileena,
    I hope you are feeling well,and not too nervous.
    I had a colonoscopy last year after some tests indicated something sinister. I was nervous but the staff were very good. I had gas and air and was fine. And the results were ok.I was a bit embarrassing at first but after childbirth and THR`s I have no dignity left really :lol:
    I will be there for you in your pocket.
    NB xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Hileena, I apologise for the delay in replying, I'm not too bonny at the moment. His endoscopy is at the back end of the week before yours. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi Toni
    That's quite all right :lol:

Hi NB
    Well I've had both before :roll: 5 years ago, 2 THR's, childbirth x 2...{Ceasers} so like you say....dignity!!!! what's that :lol:
    No its the "pre" bit that I hated.....the gunk you had to drink etc.

Say Good Luck to him as well......I'm sure he wouldn't want pocket duties :lol::lol:
    That's OK for the delay....I'm sorry your not feeling great.

NB.....yes forgot to mention that he asked if I wanted sedation and I said YES {you don't get medals for bravery and not having any...do you?}
    He wrote that down and said there will be gas and air as well??? Not sure if he meant as well or if it was instead of an injection or whatever......we'll soon find out

Love
    Hileena
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Best wishes Hileena. I had an endoscopy done and it really was the easiest medical procedure I have ever been through. I can't say about the other end though. Will be there with you.
  • hileena111
    Thanks Boomer

Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Best of luck Hileena will be with you(eyes averted) and best of luck to Mr DD. Mig
  • hileena111
    Thanks all
    Just received a letter today giving me a date for my pre op assessment???? :roll:
    What was that I had last week?
    I rang them up and they said Oh it was a mistake......we didn't get the paperwork from that department :roll:
    Am I glad I rang and checked. I would have had to cancel an appointment to go there for 9.30am. I'm getting hair washed, cut and coloured that day....which is most important ? :lol:

Love
    Hileena