It's official, I am getting old.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 19. Mar 2016, 14:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday was a lovely, sunny and warm day so I fired up Bea2 and went shopping. I visited my local H*m*b*s* store (which now has some kind of new-fangled *rg*s pick-up-point) and there were new catalogues for collection so I duly collected.

Today I tried to read it.

I began with my usual daytime specs and got nowhere. Then I fetched my stronger specs (ditto) so switched on two lights. I think I have a mis-printed version in that I cannot read a single thing.

Good grief Penfold! Indeed my eyes are dim and I cannot see but not because I have left my specs in a WC. I have reached the magnificent age of 57.

Yup, I'm getting old. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Specs....

BIG sigh....

a070.gif

The bane of the over-40's ;)

magnifying glass and daylight bulb required methinks :)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Even though I have just got new specs, I still use a magnifying glass. Maybe I should just tape two together. :lol:
    Christine
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    I've got the big 70 coming up in May, DD, so I definitely know what you mean.

I've always been short-sighted and find that, if I want to read small print I whip my glasses off, or look over the top, and hold the object up to my eyes. It's much better than trying to focus my varifocals! :shock: I'm due for some new glasses this year and my OH has told me that I have to make sure that they work properly, so I don't need to do this. Perhaps I'm embarrassing him? :? But, where's the fun in that?

Meg
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    I do that and in the shops reading the ticket they put under the things.
    what have I got to look forward to in august I will be 75.
    will I be able to read by then.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Yep, I can break, sit-on, stuff in any pocket, fall off my head, lose, bend, scratch or just mistreat any pair of spectacles! I come equipped with two pairs, mit glass cases and when I can find them, bits of string to hang round my neck.