Hi

Options
salthepal
salthepal Member Posts: 3
edited 22. Mar 2016, 03:49 in Say Hello Archive
I'm new here and have registered because I have Crohns arthritis of the knees and ankle. I have recently started twice weekly infusions for chronic dehydration in the hope of avoiding total kidney failure. I would appreciate any advice re pain relief but I'll post on the corresponding forum.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Salthepal and welcome to the Arthritis Care Forums.

Its a little quiet over the weekend but I'm sure you will get some responses soon.

You may also like to check out the Arthritis Care web site and its section on Coping with Pain: https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/managing-arthritis/coping-with-pain

I look forward to reading your posts on the forums.
    All best wishes.
    Mod Bryn
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi salthepa
    . This is a bit new to me. I have RA and I've come across people with both that and Crohns but chronic dehydration, presumably as a result, I've not heard of before. It sounds nasty. I hope others can help if you re-post on LWA.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • salthepal
    salthepal Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi salthepa
    . This is a bit new to me. I have RA and I've come across people with both that and Crohns but chronic dehydration, presumably as a result, I've not heard of before. It sounds nasty. I hope others can help if you re-post on LWA.

Yes, due to my having short bowel syndrome, I haven't been able to absorb enough fluids over the years leading to chronic dehydration. This has also caused me to have gout of the left foot which has aggravated the arthritis.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have PsA, OA and fibro - wouldn't it be better if we could have only one condition at a time? :wink:

Your particular combination sounds very unpleasant indeed, what kind of arthritis is affecting your knees and ankle? I have both kinds in both of mine (but only PsA in my toes) which makes walking an interesting experience. I hope the infusions are helping you to feel somewhat better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben