Care plan

Options
LittleKath01
LittleKath01 Member Posts: 10
edited 20. Mar 2016, 09:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know this may seem a daft question but my last care plan was written over ten years ago. I have asked to have it updated on a number of occasions but the answer has always been. Nothing has changed and so no need to redo it. Now things have changed and when I contacted them to update it they just said, not our job anymore. My question is, who do I ask now for a new care assessment and plan. Is it the dr or an Ot.
Any advice would be welcome.
Kath

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm surprised (but not by much) that having said it's not their job they haven't gone to say whose it is! I would try your GPs surgery first, maybe they can tell you who can help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LittleKath01
    LittleKath01 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. My carer is covered by gateway to care. We have just emailed them as they say that they now do the assessments.
    I will just have to wait and see now. We went on the gov. Web page and even they say that the councils may not do them now and to contact your GP.
    What hope have we when no one wants the task!
    Kath
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You're more than welcome, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. At least you know of the organisation that employs your carer so that's a good start! Good luck, please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben