Appointments, appointments...

Options
Megrose2
Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
edited 4. Apr 2016, 06:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
On Tuesday 5th April - which will be my son's fortieth birthday -I see the urologist at 11.50 to find out about my kidney problems and the result of my CT scan. At 2pm I will be seeing a hand surgeon, at another hospital, about my OA thumb joints. I hope he is able to give me some injections.

Thursday 7th April I have an appointment at another clinic to get my orthotics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will help with the mid-foot arthritis in my right foot and I won't need surgery.

Monday 11th April I will be seeing an orthopaedic consultant re my painful Achilles tendon and most probably plantar fasciitis in my left foot.

And on Friday 15th April it will be our 46th wedding anniversary! How did we last this long?

If anybody has a spare minute and would like to come along to any or all of the appointments, you would be very welcome. I must admit to being a little nervous about seeing the urologist about these tumours on my kidneys on Tuesday. I'm hoping that it will just mean closer monitoring.

Meg

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blimey! I'll do what I can to help with pocket duties for some of these but I'm wondering if I can keep up. Think we'll need to split some of the pocket duties and between us, we should cover all these.

Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary! Hope you both have a lovely day.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Meg these appointments do come thick and fast..has for the injections in your thumb mine worked really well for a couple of years..do hopefully they will offer then..good luck with the others...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Thank you Grace and Barbara.

You're right, Barbara, I haven't had an appointment for weeks and suddenly they've all come at once - a bit like buses! I've had five injections in my left thumb joint over the years, and two into the middle joint for trigger thumb. Both thumb joints are quite sore at the moment, so, I'm not sure if the consultant will give me another injection or discuss surgery. Like you, the injections have worked quite well for me, but the pain-free time seems to be getting shorter. I've only ever had one in my right thumb, so am quite happy to have another injection there. We'll see!

Meg
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket for the weeks appointments coming up. It seems a lot of people have several appointments in one week at the moment!! I'm sure you will totally drained by the end of the week!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    And so the appointments roundabout comes round again! I'm doing a lot of waiting in for meds deliveries and sharps collections, my aim is to get both deliveries on the same day.

I'll be with you for as many as I can manage, Megrose, and let us know how you get on. May I add many congratulations for the wedding anniversary? We're staggering towards our nineteenth anniversary this July - like Diana we have a 'crowded' marriage, him, me and arthritis (which still hasn't got the message it's a gooseberry :wink: ) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben