Hi from Surrey

yiayia3
yiayia3 Member Posts: 19
edited 11. Apr 2016, 07:43 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I'm YiaYia greek for Grandma,I'm 64 and have OA for the last twenty years I have facet joint arthritis in upper and lower spine,worn out discs in lower spine and spinal stenosis also lordosis.I had my right knee replacement 2years ago and my new knee is great will be getting left one done later this year.Four years ago I had Polymyalgia and after 2 years of steroids all seems well.
I'm feeling sorry for myself at the moment as my lower spine is very painful and stiff sure some of you can relate.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello yiayia3

I can't actually relate to the spinal stuff or the polymialgia but TKRs? Oh yes!

I have RA and OA but my back's not bad. We have quite a few spinal people on here, though so, if you re-post on the Living With Arthritis forum I'm sure a few will see it and answer.

How are things today?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • yiayia3
    Hi Stickywicket thanks so much for the reply,so far having a good day long may it last.Take care
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I hope you find the forum a useful source of information and support. I have two kinds of arthritis (and fibromyalgia) but fortunately my back etc. remain unaffected for which I am thankful.

I was refused new knees four years ago because I was too young (aged 53) and I'm still dithering about having them done because everything else has worsened over the years. I am pleased that your has worked and I wish you well for the next! I think we all feel weary and flattened from time to time, I know I do because living with chronic health problems is challenging. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • yiayia3
    Thanks DD it's nice to vent a bit,it's a great forum and lots of help from nice people,lovely to meet you too, take care YiaYia
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Long may it last indeed :D Come and join us on the other forums, yiayia3. We don't bite :bouncing-ball:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright