Mission accomplished!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 14. Apr 2016, 11:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been having a rubbish few weeks, hence my silence. My new job is good; lovely and supportive colleagues, local to home, more career opportunities and it's been fairly easy to adapt as it's the same role but different team. However, my health has been up and down, so I've been more tired than usual. Today I come bearing very, very exciting news. When I started my social week degree in 2011, I was determined to find a very particular type of job that would offer a one year academic programme for newly qualified social workers as I knew it would help me long-term. I got a job that offered the programme but little did I know what a mammoth task it would be; adjusting to a new career whilst writing long essays. I hit a little bump in the road last summer and missed the moderate date due to my ill health. This meant that I wouldn't receive my results for another 6 months. Time has flown by and today I got confirmation that I passed my newly qualified SW course. :D:D:D:D

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Fantastic news- well done, you are a super star contending with so much and persevering to succeed!!!!!!! :D

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Wonderful news. Well done you!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh I do love good news, and if anyone deserves it its you..all the hard work is now paying off for you...good luck with it all
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sophie, that is terrific news, I send many congratulations! :D As per usual you have powered through the setbacks and gained more success; you are terrific in your approach and attitude to this blasted malarkey. :sunny: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Well done you, and as always very well deserved.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :D:D:D I'm pleased, but not surprised. Well done, again, Sophie.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Thank you all for your kind words and your support, of course. It's not been easy but it's been worth it. ;) x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Congratulations!! That can't have been easy :swim-shark: