Hi from Notts

Options
Jane1234
Jane1234 Member Posts: 10
edited 7. May 2016, 15:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all
Iv posted a 'hello' on the other forum page and just wanted to ask if there are any support groups in Notts.?
I'm 57 and have had inflammatory arthritis since 27 ..fibro and associated stuff for 10 years.
You all seem a clued up friendly bunch on here..as iv read some wonderful supportive and useful advice....Is there local groups that meet in Notts...or is that something most don't want or can do.?...time ..pain..exhaustion all gets in the way..as I know.

Thanks Jane

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jane1234

You can find your nearest branch by visiting this page on "Branches and Groups" on the Arthritis Care website:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/help-and-support/branches-and-groups

If you put "Mansfield" into the search box it comes up with a list of the groups in your area :D

Best wishes
    Mod Bryn
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello again, Jane. I see Mod Bryn has already answered your question and I can do no better except to say there's no way I could get to my nearest group under my own steam so I've never considered it. My 'group' is the forum :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jane1234
    Options
    Hi...thank you for the replies ..iv looked it up and it's quite near...
    Come the warmer weather I will have a go at getting there..but yes the forum is a good alternative!

Thanks again Jane
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Jane
    That's good that you have one reasonably close to you. A lot of people complain they haven't one in their area at all.

I'll be honest mine isn't close. Although on crutches permanently I can still drive and I would miss my group as well as here although its about 25mins drive either way. I also volunteer for them. That usually takes my mind of my own problems.

Recently I've been going through a bad patch where my knees have decided to join the party :roll: {as well as lower back, ankle, hips etc} I'm not driving very far at the moment and haven't been on here as much as I used to be on but I'll get back to normal....whatever that is :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • Jane1234
    Options
    Hi hileena111..thanks for your reply ..sorry to hear your getting a lot of pain Atm...hope we get some better weather does that help you?...I know it does some people..thanks again take care

Jane
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Janet1234, Welcome to the Arthritis care forum family!! Sorry you have had to join us! We try our best to be jolly and make each other laugh as well as deal with the serious stuff and be there if someone is going through a hard time to be supportive for them.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Jane
    Yes the weather affects me. Usually its damp and cold that are the worse but sometimes humidity can be a so and so as well
    Love
    Hileena
  • Jane1234
    Options
    Hi..yes bubbadog you all seem to keep a positive outlook on here and iv seen loads of good advice and info...thanks for the great welcome everyone...Jane

Hileena111....damp and cold a definite problem for all of us...but in UK there's not too much of anything else!...Jane
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope you are able to reach your support group, like Sticky I use the forum as mine because there are so many more people here, of all ages and in all conditions. One of the consultants at my hospital runs his own group, it meets every Thursday evening for a chat, some refreshments, use of the hydrotherapy pool etc. but doesn't start until 7pm, just when I'm feeding the Spouse and looking forward to bed! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Jane1234
    Options
    Hi Dreamdaisy...thanks for your reply..the idea of a dip would be a nice one...but like you the time might be a problem for me too..my spoons usually run out by 4pm..but GP did my first ever Vit D test couple of weeks ago and found me sadly lacking...so I am hoping the huge supplement she has put me on might give me a boost....we can live in hope can't we..thanks again

Jane