Anniversary of my TKR

Options
barry2013
barry2013 Member Posts: 151
edited 12. May 2016, 12:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Back in 2013 I had a TKR on my left knee, I found this forum and received lots of good advice and support, everything went well and I was able to live a full and active life until my right knee needed a TKR this was done a year ago this month, once again the forum was a great help, a year on and I am living a full active life, I cycle at least 100 miles a week, last month I rode 778 miles, I play indoor bowls 3 times a week, can't kneel to measure close woods, walk with a village walking club, life is great. To anyone thinking of having a TKR go for it, it will improve your life, remember to work at the exercise and push yourself. Once again making thanks to the forum you do a great job.
Barry.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's a wonderful, positive update, Barry. I'm so pleased things continue to go well for you. You put in the hard work with the physio exercises and are now reaping the rewards. Long may it continue and thank you for such an encouraging post.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    What a brilliant post Barry, and will give many the push they need..I am so glad both knees went well and you are getting the best out of life..you carry on enjoying..I do love post like this one.. :bouncing-ball:
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Glad your TKR is a great success and as you say have to put in the hard work and do your physio exercises.
    Have just had a THR and now started on the hard road to recovery.

Rn
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Having had both knees replaced almost four years ago, I'd second Barry's opinion on this op. I'm not quite as energetic as he is, but I swim, dance, do yoga, dig the garden, and in fact do....just about anything I feel like. I only wish I'd had them done years earlier.
  • barry2013
    Options
    You gave me lots of good advice Helen, great to hear everything is still going well. Barry.
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Ditto to you, Barry. Keep up the cycling. I don't think I could cycle 778 miles....but I doubt if I could have done that when I had two good knees of my own anyway. :)
  • Wobblylegs
    Wobblylegs Member Posts: 99
    Options
    For someone only 9 weeks in from my first TKR this is the best post I've seen!

Thank you Barry
    :cheers:
  • barry2013
    Options
    Good luck with your TKR, remember to do what your pyhsio tells you, you have to rest but also work hard.
    Best wishes.
    Barry.