Don't forget to vote!

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 6. May 2016, 13:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Or forever hold your peace :lol:

They are not "all the same". There are good and bad in all parties. Making the effort to place our 'X' gives us the right to criticise. Those who criticise without bothering to vote are just professional grumps :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We will go and vote this morning, its a lovely day so that might help others come out and vote.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Mine's done.

I confess it was Tweedledum or Tweedledee as regards the Police Commissioner. They were all on local TV last night and I was impressed with none of them. I did vote as sensibly as I could but even a spoilt ballot paper registers a protest and is better than nothing.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Until last week I didn't realise that it wasn't a 'political' election - when the card arrived I stuck it on the calendar and put the date in the diary. It wasn't until a combination of lack of any canvassing/publicity and a stray comment on the radio made me look at it again that I realised what it was for. I looked up the suspects online as that seemed to be the only way and was deeply uninspired. A couple of probably quite worthy people but without any evidence of what I considered to be relevant experience(not necessarily police), the existing incumbent whose tenure has had some blips, a rabid politico, a party political animal, a UKIP and a GreenP.
    I voted - but it was one of those occasions when I could have done with a 'None of the above' box! Be interesting to see what the turnout will be.
    My son has a rather more 'interesting' challenge - the Mayor of London ballot....
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    All done!

I took Lucy with me after she finished for the day and she has completed her first ever vote :)

Bless her!!

I have drummed it into them since they were babies not to take their vote for granted as women.
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    yep did mine this afternoon
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I went at teatime. They said not many people had been in. It was only for the police commissioner. From comments I've seen I don't think a lot of people know what that is or think it is a waste of money so they didn't bother.
    Christine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I hobbled off to vote after parents evening. I had no idea there was an animal welfare party until I went to vote.

I hope Lucy enjoyed her first ever vote Toni. Must have made her feel all grow up. Jack will be able to vote in the EU referendum :)

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I voted in the full understanding that my cross would make no difference to the colour of the Borough Council and voted for the two most useless political parties as my first and second choice for the PPC (it's as pointless as they are). Much to my surprise The Spouse said he hadn't voted because he couldn't be bothered with such pointless 'elections'. I'm fairly sure he will vote in the referendum. I will. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Tut tut Naughty Mr DD!

Too right he'll vote at the referendum!!

Elizabeth - Lucy was very proud of herself yes. Jack will be voting so soon too. They grow up too fast.