Feeling "normal " for a few hours

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 9. May 2016, 11:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Last year I tried (with limited success), to start selling at a very small local craft market. For various reasons it wasn't successful but this year I have started working on something new, and yesterday had a successful day at a local craft fair.
I have been accepted into a well thought of local designers group, and on the merits of my work, as I didn't mention that I am disabled until I had been accepted as I wanted to be sure I got in on my own merits as a designer-maker.
I prepared carefully for yesterday, took extra meds with me and put a couple of heat patches on before I went. Although I needed someone to bring my stuff in for me, and a chair rather than a stool to sit on, once set up and selling I was just the same as everyother seller there! It felt wonderful :D

Best of all was knowing people were buying my items because they liked them, not for anyother reason. I was in pain by the end, and today was payback, as I fully expected and planned for (I am definitely not one of the 25%), but it felt good and was a wonderful boost.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Many congratulations to you, Slosh, for such a wonderful achievement. I am sure that the success of your day took your mind away from the usual trials and tribulations, it is nice to forget them from time-to-time isn't it? Of course payback has reared its ugly head but surely it was worth it for the boost to morale!

I hope your new work continues to gain admirers (and purchasers!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you slosh..bet your are really proud ..I hope sales continue to grow for you.... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Well done to you Slosh I am very pleased for you :)

I can imagine the grin on your face.

Hope the payback isn't too long-lived.

Love

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thank you all, I don't think the tax man needs to worry but it was enough to pay for my cleaner this week and lunch out next week with my daughter and middle grandson and a visit to my favourite tea shop!

It was a lovely place, an Art Deco foyer in an old cinema which is being restored and currently used as a bar/restaurant so beautiful deco and a mix of music, but music which was not too loud. Apart from anything else it's good to go out and meet new people.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich