Help learning to go on

Options
AnnaB
AnnaB Member Posts: 2
edited 10. May 2016, 15:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi my name's Anna and I've just joined this forum I have osteoarthritis rife in my neck ,back ,hips hands and feet I also have lupus and fibromyalgia all of this is a shock as it started two years ago and I've had to give up work in Feb this year , I used to work hard play hard ,horse riding ( owning 3 horses ) exercise was my life outside of work ,now nothing I dint know what's worse the pain or the person I've lost :(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums AnnaB from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod John
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hello AnnaB
    I have been on this forum around 8 years now and never heard it put quite like that .. its got me thinking..in my mid 50s I realized I loved the gym so much that I started to train has a fitness instructor..and 4 years later started with OA in my hips and back, I do count myself lucky that I got to my mid 50s before OA started..I dont know how old you are but I really do feel for you..especially the riding I did this when very young, I do wish you well for the future ,and talking is good and that is what we all find helpful..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have PsA, OA and fibro and can understand why you feel you have lost 'yourself' but, for what it's worth, I don't think you have.

Arthritis, in all its guises, affects us in so many different ways. I have to go and dish up but I will return in due course. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Anna
    Welcome to the forum.You will find us a supportive crowd here.We have a wide range of problems and can speak from personal experience.Feel free to post anytime.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)