Update in Mig

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 12. May 2016, 12:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
My chest X-ray was clear but gp after listening to my chest (as I am still coughing ) said she could hear a crackle on the lower left side and I am to have a spirometer check next week she has given me an inhaler to use till then I'm also to have more bloods done as my parathyroid could be playing up as my calcium levels aren't right ,she said ra and the drugs could be playing apart in all this,I am she said one of her more challenging patients.Next month I am back to see my rheumy so that will be fun she doesn't like things that rock the boat.Take care all. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh heck, you like to raise a medical challenge or two, don't you? :wink: I am pleased that the Xray was clear, I hope the inhaler helps to ease the chest and that the bloods reveal what is happening so something can be done.

Auto-immune conditions and their meds can be awkward beggars, you are still on Humira, yes? Do you take anything else - I know I should remember but I don't. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Im still on humira and I take hydroxy as well,through all this my RA is behaving its self, I also take propranolol which is a beta blocker for anxiety the next step will be an antidepressant but we are trying to avoid this at the moment and vitamin D and not very often now hydrocodiene only when I've over done things.
    How are things with you DD ? Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Good luck Mig, you have been thoroughly poked and assessed by medics recently. I hope this all gets sorted easily and gently. A clear x-ray is a good thing but the potential interaction of arthritis and meds with other conditions isn't so good (((()))) LV
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'm glad you're being thoroughly checked out, Mig - even if you are 'challenging!'

I hope the inhaler eases your chest, and hope the medics can get to the bottom of things for you.

I just noticed you're on the same meds as me - humira and hydroxychloroquine.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I, too, hope you can be fathomed out and sorted asap.

As for you being 'challenging'? Well, we knew that already :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Been using the inhaler I have a spacer thing to use with it ,got myself in a bit of tizz got the huffing and puffing mixed up ,didn't realise how tight my chest and breathing had got till I got it right ,will see what happens next week when I go for the test. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There's an art to using an inhaler, it takes some practice but I am sure you are getting the hang of it now, you must be if you can feel the difference.

Things are not too bonny with me at the moment thanks to the heat and pollen but hey, summer has to be endured before the damp of autumn sets in and brings the next set of challenges. :wink: Being healthy must be very dull. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben