Selkirk?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 10. May 2016, 14:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anyone know it? Does anything happen there?

We're contemplating buying a house there but when I google Selkirk I can see no evidence of any community activities whatever.

I looked at the 'In your area' section on here and everything in Scotland seems to be for young people. Alas, not in my wildest dreams could I fit that description :roll:

I know Kelso has lots going on, is flatter and more suitable but.....

Any info gratefully accepted.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Is there a library in Selkirk? They usually have lots of info about what's going on and where. I don't know Selkirk as well as the other Border towns, though we do come up to St. Mary's loch occasionally.

Good hunting!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry SW cant really help, but I see the mods have given you some links..wonder if anyone on here goes to the AC meetings..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Thanks everyone, especially Sharon. We have already contacted the library who gave us a solitary website. Selkirk doesn't seem to be a throbbing hub of industry but we'll keep trying.I've also emailed the local disability shop to ask whether scooters / electric wheelchairs can tackle the gradients there.

Hawick, Musselburgh and Edinburgh are all probably beyond the scooter's capabilities :lol: I was going for independence for both myself and Mr SW.

No worries. We'll get something sorted.

My son (who has never known me able-bodied: "Don't worry. You'll make friends as soon as you get out of the house."

Me: "With that steep drive, getting out of the house will be the first problem."

I am thinking of it all as an adventure. Most of the time :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Steep drive? We'll have to call you ' Sherpa! '