Confused

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 16. May 2016, 07:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Bear with me. About 2 weeks ago my GP sent me for some blood tests, Vit D deficiency, bone condition, plus inflammatory and rheumatoid factors. I had the tests done on 4th May. The Saturday after I got a letter from my surgery asking me to make an appointment with my GP, I was impressed with the speed of this, not unduly worried as I think a Vit D deficiency is quite likely and made an appointment to see my GP this coming Monday.
Today I got another letter from the surgery saying I need to make an appointment with the Healthcare assistant. I also noticed that on this letter the date of the blood test was given as 6th May.
Can't do anything until Monday and will see my GP, and then make the other appointment.
Very confused and a little bit anxious. To be honest I'm just hoping there's been an admin error at the surgery.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My money would be on minor admin mess up or possibly just the GP (I know he's good and thorough) wanting to talk over results but also another blood test being required - hence the appointment with the healthcare assistant, assuming she does bloods - because, maybe one of the blood tests got mislabelled, lost, contaminated. You name it, I've had it.

As for the date of the test - maybe that's when they got the results back.

We do tend to fear the worst but, usually, it isn't. Can you ring them on Monday?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks Sticky. It's not that a test needs to be repeated as they just send out another form if that's the case. Last year my GP sent me to have one test repeated three times as something he wasn't happy about showed up on one but then came down to normal limits as my meds had been changed. They don't do blood tests at the surgery but I wonder if it is that he wants me to have Vit D injections. I'l try and phone Monday but I'm visiting my daughter then so may just wait until I see my GP and ask him.
    He is very thorough which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, I've had this kind of thing happen too and it can be very confusing (and upsetting) as we are 'fragile' patients at the best of times.

Admin slip-ups happen in even the best-run organisations because those organisations are staffed by human beings who all share one human characteristic: fallibility. I wonder if you have been confused with another patient? Anyhoo, I have no doubt that all will become clear so please let us know how it goes. I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh slosh things do get mixed up..especially with the NHS...I had the same last week had bloods done on the Tuesday and was sent for on the weds your bloods are back they need to see you..off I go worrying myself silly..nothing to do with these bloods just a routine health check for goodness sake...hope all is well for you
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you. My appointment is tomorrow afternoon so at least I will know what's going on, if anything, then.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Hope all becomes clear today and your mind can be set at rest Slosh.