Spirometer test

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 19. May 2016, 13:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had the test this morning and have got an appointment with gp on tuesday to discuss the results,I asked the nurse who carried out the test if the was any difference she showed me the print out and it said there was a significant difference between the two tests ,so will see what the gp says on tuesday hope you are all free to join me,but I will be needing pocket duties for monday as its my routine rheumatology app,she not going to be happy with me.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm, a significant difference in what way? I must have had a couple of these but I cannot remember what they constituted.

I've never worried about pleasing my rheumatologist, I am as I am and if she can't cope with that that's not my problem. :wink: Count me in for both appointments. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    I was really struggling to do the test properly as every time I would start coughing ,then I used the inhaler went next door and had bloods done back again and did the test with no problems.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Count me in Mig :)

Nothing of a delicate nature so my eyes will be open ;)

Sounds as though the inhaler did a lot to help!

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'd be coughing without my inhaler, mig. No wonder the second one was better.

I always insist on standing for the spiro tests as I can blow it further that way :D

Hope all goes well on Monday. I'll be there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I will be there on Monday Mig , and I hope the results are good..
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    mig
    glad to come with you so will jump in your pocket for monday.I think between us we have plenty of experience of rheumatologists..... :!:
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Count me in, if there is room in your pocket. The nurse should have mentioned what the discrepancy was - different from last time, different from COPD to Asthma...?

I always splutter, cough laugh and as I said to Kath, one time I sneezed at the same time, nearly blew the little fan out the end :lol::lol:

The Salbuatmol will certainly help improve the readings. It did mine. I had about 15 shots of it. Now my cardiologist has banned me from using it, because it upsets my heart rhythm.

The Rheumatologist cannot expect everyone to be jumping around from one examination to another. The one I saw was totally dismissive, so I gave them short shift too. Don't do the job if you have no people skills. Grrrrrrr

XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mig
    Options
    This was the first test I have ever done so the difference was between without the inhaler and then with,the doctor said depending on what the results are will depend on what she does next.I have had so many test in one form or another since I last saw my rheumy I just don't know what she will make of it all. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh that rings a bell, I'm sure I did better on the second thanks to the blue inhaler opening the little air sacs in my lungs (are they the alveoli? Please help, Bubbles!) One of the clearest memories from my asthmatic days was I could breathe out for ever, it was the breathing in that was problematic! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben