TRAVEL INSURANCE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 24. May 2016, 11:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Can anyone advice Travel Insurance company that they have used and been pleased with

Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    For the last couple of years we've gone with Insurance Choice but we always get 2-3 quotes every time because it all varies so much and what works for some doesn't for others despite similar ages and health issues.

We research online but then ring them up as it's so easy to accidentally omit something or forget about something when you have a lot of things going on and I'd hate to invalidate a claim because I missed out something that was important to them but trivial to me.

The vital thing is to ensure you and Peter are both on the same 'ticket'. More expensive but it means, if one of you falls ill, the other doesn't have to leave them there and return home.

Incidentally, you should book travel insurance immediately after booking the holiday (even if the insurance is only for the duration of the holiday) as, if you subsequently develop a problem which could cause knock-on difficulties, you'd be covered.

And don't forget your EHIC cards.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Hileena :) :cheers:

Only two companies would touch Lucy at all due to the leukaemia.

One was significantly cheaper and added nothing for the epilepsy.

They are called ALL (I remember as it's also the initials for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia).

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    I used world first..I checked out many on the net and most said sorry we cant insure you at this time please give us a ring, I rang 2 and the prices were awful..have you checked your PMs..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • charleeh
    charleeh Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi,

I use all clear travel insurance, they are very good.

I also had to claim with them a few years ago and they paid up no problems at all so tried and tested

Charleeh x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Apologies to everyone......I haven't been getting alerts about my messages on LWA or my pm's so just assumed there was nothing
    I'll check through your messages tomorrow to be used for future reference

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    charleeh wrote:
    Hi,

I use all clear travel insurance, they are very good.

I also had to claim with them a few years ago and they paid up no problems at all so tried and tested

Charleeh x

That's the one I use for Lucy I only remembered the ALL bit :oops:

They cover everyone even cancer. Only one other was prepared to cover Lucy and they wanted to charge more than double :shock: